New 57 cased knights cross w/mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 57 cased knights cross w/mini

thought that this would look cool so i bought a stick pin case off e-bay and put my mini stick pin in it. so now they both have a case
    coulden't aford a real knights cross so had to get the 57..

greg
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp
    thought that this would look cool so i bought a stick pin case off e-bay and put my mini stick pin in it. so now they both have a case
    coulden't aford a real knights cross so had to get the 57..

greg
    Greg,
    They look very nice together. Would make a nice display!
    "Great hunter yes! great fisherman yes! fine figure of a man yes! that is all you need to know" Jeremiah Johnson.

Comment

Greg,

A very nice '57 KC set.

I was curious as to why you think that the '57 KC is not a real one? It's a legitimate part of the Iron Cross series that spans from 1813 to 1957 reissues. The KC decorated Wehrmacht veterans that served in the Bundeswehr after the war wore them with pride. If you really think about it the'57 KC will eventually be viewed by the collecting community in a similar light as the post WWI Blue Max. The German Empire had collapsed after November 1918 but the imperial Pour le Merite worn with pride long after. It was a similar situation with the wearing of the '57 Knight's Cross by those who earned it.

Obviously the monetary value of these post war KCs will be less than the wartime awards. This is also true for the PLM. If you branch out to collect the Iron cross series the '57s are a legit part of the whole history of this award

Best regards and good hunting!
      An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

never really thought about it like that. thanks alot!!!!!!!!
        i've had the oakleaves and wanted to get a knights cross in 1957 and for this being 2003 and a 57 being around 200.00 i really felt that they just make these left and right still today, as they probley do. SO really when are they going to stop making these????? even tho this one is marked 925 and from S&L i just feel like these don't have the history as other awards??

greg

Comment

never really thought about it like that. thanks alot!!!!!!!!
          i've had the oakleaves and wanted to get a knights cross in 1957 and for this being 2003 and a 57 being around 200.00 i really felt that they just make these left and right still today, as they probley do. SO really when are they going to stop making these????? even tho this one is marked 925 and from S&L i just feel like these don't have the history as other awards??

greg
          I read somewhere recently that the manufacture of official '57 KCs ended in 1998 or 1999. Maybe someone else can fill in the details about that.

If you tire of that '57 KC I'll buy it or trade with you for something you may be looking for.

Best regards!

Comment

hey i just got this baby in!!!!

greg

Comment

hey i just got this baby in!!!!

greg
              Just checkin'! ;>)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X