No announcement yet.

A Schickle KvK 1st class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don´t mind anyones opinions or comments but i do not like them to be in a arrogant way like Frank did. Of course i am aware of that replies would come after me posting the cross... but how about some more facts instead of feelings about the cross when posting and saying it´s bad.

Why not present a genuine cross if this is a bad one... is that to mutch to ask?

I mean everyone has opinions even a**holes has them too (not directed to anyone here or elsewhere, just a figoure of speach.)
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
      but how about some more facts instead of feelings about the cross when posting and saying it´s bad.
      No problem. Your cross is a new one to me and I only have L/15's in my fake files, which look quite different btw.

So with nothing to compare to I had a good long look on the cross before my first post and I've marked a couple of things up on the photo below.

1 & 3) This kind of sloppy work on a tombak cross from latest '41?

2) Odd looking end on the sword.

4) Where's the symmetry on the handles and how about the 4 small squares around the handle. They're almost non existing.

The scoupback and hinge - never seen before on other crosses, the look of the end of the pin at the hinge, on the obverse the wreath lacks detail
      etc etc.

I will not conclude anything but there are too many loose ends here for my taste.
      Attached Files

Comment

The hinge and pin system is identical to the "real" Schickle EK's [L/15], the maker's mark, too.

It's for me a good evidence, that Schickle produced KVK's, too
        I don't mean the L15 KVK's

Regards

Daniel
        Regards
        Daniel

Search:
        !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
        Otto Schickle
        All early 57er pieces

Comment

Besides what Daniel wrote the detail sloppyness can be found on Schickle´s tombak SWB´s as well. Grinded corrections can be found on their WB´s! There are a variant of Schickle WB´s that has matching catches as well.

I can´t give any answers to why the reverse is not to you liking Frank but what about the other facts that tells us that it is indeed a Schickle Cross.
          However there are no evidence to why Schickle lost it´s LDO license but it could be the craftmanship on their pieces.

The Scoupback as you refer it as is also found on known orignal PAB´s, i am not saying that the PAB´s has to be Schickle made though. They are unmarked which makes it hard to link to a maker easily. But the fact that they exist with that scoupback doesn´t rule out that the same technique could have been used elsewere.
          Last edited by Hans N; 07-25-2008, 09:46 AM. Reason: the grammar, the grammar...
          Regards
          Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hello, i am very sorry for interrapting your discussion, but i was wondering for few years whos the maker for my cross and it seems that you khow the subject. So, if its not too much trouble, may be you could ID this cross. Vaulted, no MM, looks like silverplated brass.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello MasterBo,

sorry but i can´t help you with identifying your particular cross.
              Regards
              Hans N

Comment

Hi Masterbo, must admit I kind off like your cross. It's used and abused but there's something there.

There's a problem however and that's that I can't place it either. The closest match imo is mm62 Kerbach & Osterhelt, like the one below. Not my cross so thanks to the ownner. Hinge, pin and broadwire catch could be maybe but have a look at the sword hilts.....

So looks like some repairs here but what has been changed I can't figure out, sorry.

PS: Please start your own thread next time, thanks. It'll make it easier to sort things out in the future.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, thank you all for replies. I love this cross, was my best buy, including the price (100$).
                  Sorry again for using your thread.
                  All the best.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X