K & Q maker mark variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K & Q maker mark variation

Because this mark is on a Cross of the Wehrmacht (a KVK 1 w/s), I'm posting this here.
    What do our members think of this variation of the Klein & Quenzer "65" mark?
    Attached Files
    George

Strange,....seems like the 65 is stamped first 6 then the 5, not the way it was done at that time IMO .
    Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

hmmm.. Looks really strange compared to the one i have.. You have any other doupt's about it?

Here is the mark on my 1. Cl. EK:

Very strange indeed..
      Antti

Comment

Having never seen this variation before I would pass. Even if this style of numerals were correct, there is a major lack of detail. This screams "sloppy repro" to me and is not indicative of the workmanship in the "65" EKs I have.

JerryW
        Jerry

Comment

Antti,

I don't have the cross in hand. It's on a dealer's site. I was just curious about the mark. (I already have a KVK 1 w/s with the "correct" K & Q mark.)
          George

Comment

I've never seen any variation in the 65 maker mark and I've owned a few. I know that the one BLITZ shows is right.
            I would give it a miss every time.

Comment

Same here dont like it!
              Its not even made whit same tools.
              Mikael

Comment

George, if i was you i would leave it on the dealers site, unless an expert can tell us that it's a rare, but true variation, witch i doupt..
                Antti

Comment

Don't worry. I'm not after it. I was just curious about it.
                  George

Comment

What does the core look like? The K&Q has a very distinctive core.
                    Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Greg,

It doesn't have a core. It's a War Merit Cross.
                      George

Comment

oops my bad, I misread something somewhere!
                        Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

heh We all make mistakes sometime or another, mate..
                          Antti

Comment

George,

Not sure here either, as I have recently posted one of these in reply to another thread on this forum. Gordon had mentioned in that thread that it was possible as the "65" was different from the "accepted" form of the mark on pieces with ring stamps.

Here's a close-up of the maker's mark again on my KVK1. I'll say this, the cross is pretty nice looking and compares very favorably to my cased Deschler and cased Duemer crosses in dimensions, weight and quality.
                            Tim
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tim,

How does the obverse of your cross compare to that of this "normally" marked example? (Compare the stippling in the arms.)
                              Attached Files
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X