My Knight's cross (please be gentle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Knight's cross (please be gentle)

I even hate to ask because of the slim likelihood that a dummy like me picked a good one.

Can anybody give an opinion on this?

It's a 935 marked L/17. Did Wernstein even make a KC?

It's magnetic on the rear side but not on the front side. Does that make any sense?

How gentle do you want to have it?
    Let's put it this way: If L/17 ever made RKs (which it didn't) this one wouldn't be it either. Since this cross can also be found with L/12, 20 and other (wrong) denominations...

Gentle enough?
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

L/17 is a new one here.

But that doesn't matter because it's a well known fake. Sorry mate

Comment

Damn ... Dietrich must have super sensitive radar ability to detect a thread about RK's ... BOOM ... in there in record time

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
          How gentle do you want to have it?
          Let's put it this way: If L/17 ever made RKs (which it didn't) this one wouldn't be it either. Since this cross can also be found with L/12, 20 and other (wrong) denominations...

Gentle enough?
          Hello Dietrich:

Yes, Quite gentle enough. I didn't see the word "idiot" once.

I just caught the link in your post and visited your website. I heard there was an author on the subject of the Knight's cross living about 30 miles away from me (I am in Lapeer)

So I just sent a paypal and bought your book.

Thanks
          Last edited by Ken N; 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken N View Post
            ..... I didn't see the word "idiot" once.

Thank you.
            You are correct. However, the thread is young. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken N View Post
              So I just sent a paypal and bought your book.
              Got it. Thanks a lot! You will not regret it.

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Try to get your money back, my friend! (Hope nobody was offended! )

Comment

What KC are they trying to copy here? Is it a zimmerman?

James M

Comment

It appears to be another Latvian version--who knows what they are dreaming up! They should be commended on making the copy so obvious!

Though I don't make any commission, I highly recommend Dietrich's book-You will be absolutely pleased!

Comment

Dietrichs book is very good indeed, although I had enough knowledge to spot a fake when I bought it, It still has tought me many many things I never even knew, or considered. Every collector should have one. Is there such a book on the EK2 and EK1?

James M

Comment

Originally posted by don-zamo View Post
                        Dietrichs book is very good indeed, although I had enough knowledge to spot a fake when I bought it, It still has tought me many many things I never even knew, or considered. Every collector should have one. Is there such a book on the EK2 and EK1?

James M
                        Several good ones are out there. If you are talking just 1939, then Gordon Williamson's, The Iron Cross of 1939 is a good and helpful one, Privetera's, The Iron Time, is a must that covers the spectrum, and if you want to read and learn more about Rk's, then a book by some guy named Dietrich Maerz is a good read. Thier are more books on the subject, but I believe these would be the three that all should have. No commission either.

Comment

I also suggest Bowen's and Geissler's books. Even though they are criticized today, and contain possible errors, it never hurts to have the entire spectrum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X