EK II L/12 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK II L/12 Question

I noticed on Detlev's update yesterday there were a couple of EK II 1939s described as unmarked L/12's. Both sold for much higher prices than a 'normal' EK II--I assume they must be a rare variety in demand currently, but what's the story on L/12 unmarked EK II?
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
    I noticed on Detlev's update yesterday there were a couple of EK II 1939s described as unmarked L/12's. Both sold for much higher prices than a 'normal' EK II--I assume they must be a rare variety in demand currently, but what's the story on L/12 unmarked EK II?
    Erich
    Basically, I think anything associated with the maker Juncker has more appeal to the majority of TR collectors. They were one of the finest awards manufacturers of the period.

I collect unmarked Juncker EK's because I love studying their construction dateline. But there's a limit as to how much I'll pay for one.

Robert

Comment

Robert is right! If you search any dealer site you will find any Juncker EKI or EKII, commanding a much higher price. Therfore I have none at this time in my small collection. Perhaps when one is found and the price is right?
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
        Basically, I think anything associated with the maker Juncker has more appeal to the majority of TR collectors. They were one of the finest awards manufacturers of the period.

I collect unmarked Juncker EK's because I love studying their construction dateline. But there's a limit as to how much I'll pay for one.

Robert
        Yes, I think Robert has summed it up. There seems to be an aurora surrounding Juncker marked or attributed items and because they seem to be much more desirable to collectors, sellers bump the prices up accordingly and sell Juncker made collectables for far more than the market value of a similar item and you have found a perfect example with the EKs on Detlev's site.

Comment

nice price!
          and why?
          only one reason,
          juncker was an KC-producer .

and 65 and 20 and ........ too, and normel price for IC.

Comment

I still miss a Juncker ek2 in my collection and can't afford paying 250euro for 1 cross. Its a shame why can't the juncker crosses cost like 90 euro..

I see more junckers crosses for sale than for example unmarked/marked 44's, (atleast on estand) but you can still get a '44' for 70 euro. Why? is it becasue Juncker made KC's? is it because the Juncker factory was bombed? wasn't other medal factories bombed as well

Comment

Ek

Okay, that makes sense (in as much as anything makes sense in the hobby!).
              Thanks!
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

I might add too that up until last year Detlev sold his unmarked Juncker-type EKII's for $125.00 ea. I bought (4) over the last three years from him. Honestly, I think supply and demand has had everything to do with prices rising. Look at the enventory that Detlev used to carry from week to week, and the wonderful pieces that were always available from him. Things have really changed over the last two or three years. Newcomers don't know what it used to be like to go to his early morning updates and find (3) J2 pilots, cased for sale for $1,200.00 ea.

So, yes, Juncker has always been king. But, also, we're facing shortages in collectibles. The originals are becoming much harder to find.

Robert

Comment

I picked a great time to start collecting....Oh well at least value can only go up from here!.....as long as i conserve my items properly

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                    I still miss a Juncker ek2 in my collection and can't afford paying 250euro for 1 cross. Its a shame why can't the juncker crosses cost like 90 euro..

And that´s why it costs 250€...

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                      I might add too that up until last year Detlev sold his unmarked Juncker-type EKII's for $125.00 ea. I bought (4) over the last three years from him. Honestly, I think supply and demand has had everything to do with prices rising.
                      Yes, of course it does, the number of new collectors must have risen dramatically over the last few years, of which I am one.. Regarding Junckers and the e-stand discussion that is currently going on in a separate thread, I got my unmarked Juncker EK II off the e-stand a couple of months ago for 130 Euros.. It ain't cheap, but compare that to dealer prices.. I've also gotten mm EK II:s here for $75.. IMO the e-stand is still a good place to go for "fair" deals, as fair as they get with the current demand and supply..

All the best, F
                      Last edited by Friedrich; 06-15-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Juncker/Prices

It's been said : supply and demand . Good deals still can be found .
                        A lot of complex question regarding Juncker Crosses ..., - therefor it has a certain mystique ! We are still going around 'in circles' trying to find answers .
                        Sorted out some - 4 - different ones .
                        Douglas
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well, I guess I'd better show mine off too....

Happy Father's Day, everyone!

Robert
                          Attached Files

Comment

wow wow thats a REALLY nice cross setup

Comment

Setup like this quite often , when comparing features . Important for best results when comparing ; same scale - same lighting - same angle - all in same picture !! When bobbing between pictures fine details are hard to see or distinguish . Beading , frosting , ring , hump , frame finish and core differences ! Just rotate picture !
                              Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X