Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 ribbon question when framing up

Hello all...

when framing up your EKs, do you tend to frame with your ribbons? i am thinking to purchase separate ribbons and to keep the originals. i could perhaps buy a repro ribbon and still keep the original separately. or would you have any suggestions?

thanks all!

I think it depends on personal taste. My preference would be to frame your EKs with their ribbons. I can't see the point of having original ribbons and then going to buy repros just to frame with the medals, I mean, what do you do with the originals once the medals are framed?
    As long as you take sensible precautions to stop them fading ie; don't put them in direct sunlight, use UV proof glass etc you will be alright. If you have concerns ask in the conservation forum and you will get some very good advice.

Comment

I don't go repro with ANYTHING! If you're going to collect original awards, why not display them with either original ribbons or no ribbons at all. Why spoil the plan with adding repro ribbons? Why not buy repro crosses to go with the repro ribbons?

Robert

Comment

Military

I've got a few extra full length original EKII ribbons laying around. Just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you some photos of what I have...

Robert

Comment

What He Said!

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
          I don't go repro with ANYTHING! If you're going to collect original awards, why not display them with either original ribbons or no ribbons at all. Why spoil the plan with adding repro ribbons? Why not buy repro crosses to go with the repro ribbons?

Robert
          Hi,

I agree with Robert, display them with their original ribbons but take appropriate precautions to prevent fading. Good glass in the dimensions you will use isn't much more than cheap glass.

Regards to all,
          Stu

Comment

totally. use the original ribbons. It will be better looking as well

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X