Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike

Comment

Adrian , it seems strange though that the same W&L with the wire catch like mdn's also has the four marks on the arms . Mdn give me a few minutes & i will post a photo of my one with the same round wire catch as yours .

Comment

Originally posted by fugpaw View Post
        Morten, firstly sorry for partly hijacking your thread.

Secondly, I think the W&L on Markus' site is a very nice example, if the price is right then I would take it.

Cheers,

Mike
        Thanks, I think I will - really like the writing on inside the case! Do any of you know if it is possible to track dates and possibly find out who the receiver is? (know this will be another thread, but just in case...)
        And by the way I didn't see it as a hijack - I wanted to learn about W&L and I did so no problem whatsoever

Regards
        Morten

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1939 View Post
          Adrian , it seems strange though that the same W&L with the wire catch like mdn's also has the four marks on the arms . Mdn give me a few minutes & i will post a photo of my one with the same round wire catch as yours .
          I'll hold my horses...

Comment

my unmarked W&L
            Attached Files

Comment

back
              Attached Files

Comment

catch
                Attached Files

Comment

Mark, that's one nice cross, what I particularly like about it is that it appears to have seen some "field" wear, I love the twist to the pin and all the other character that the cross has

Mike

P.S. The UK is still a Great Country - we are just shunned for shouting about it

Comment

Thanks alot! It looks like the catch on yours is placed in reverse to the one from Markus - don't know what to make of it though, anyone holds any wisdom as to whether I should be worried by this detail?

Comment

Originally posted by mdn View Post
                      Thanks, I think I will - really like the writing on inside the case! Do any of you know if it is possible to track dates and possibly find out who the receiver is? (know this will be another thread, but just in case...)
                      And by the way I didn't see it as a hijack - I wanted to learn about W&L and I did so no problem whatsoever

Regards
                      Morten
                      Morten, Unless Markus S can shed some more light on the origins of the EK, it will be very hard to find out much more history behind it - you can research the units that were serving on the Russian front at that time (there were many) but beyond that it will be very difficult to get any specific information.

Mike

Comment

Morten, Unless Markus S can shed some more light on the origins of the EK, it will be very hard to find out much more history behind it - you can research the units that were serving on the Russian front at that time (there were many) but beyond that it will be very difficult to get any specific information.

Mike
                        That's what I thought, but sometimes you get surprised of the kind of archieves in existence, so I thought I'd might as well give it a try...
                        Thanks anyway for all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by mdn View Post
                          Thanks alot! It looks like the catch on yours is placed in reverse to the one from Markus - don't know what to make of it though, anyone holds any wisdom as to whether I should be worried by this detail?
                          Morten, catches do sometimes get reversed during manufacture, personally I would not be too worried about this. I think the EK is a good one, the reversed catch makes it a little different and a little unique - if you are worried then talk to Markus S.

Mike

Comment

Morten, catches do sometimes get reversed during manufacture, personally I would not be too worried about this. I think the EK is a good one, the reversed catch makes it a little different and a little unique - if you are worried then talk to Markus S.

Mike
                            Ok, well I am not very worried anymore, I am just don't have a lot of knowledge into e.g. manucfaturing routines of EK1's so it is just nice to know that these things happens... The price is fair and I really just like the piece so I think this will be a buy, thanks for all the help

Comment

Thanks mike , but my photo does not show the patches very well like mortens . Adrian thinks this is due to handling but i have a marked 100 with the flat wire catch but it does not show any sign of it on that one , i am not saying adrian is wrong but it just seems strange & i wonder if anyone else who has a W&L with the round wire catch has similar marks ? Morten the catch shown on markus' is the same as mine from what i can see . P.S mike we are not the nation we once were as we are bending over backwards to accomadate everyone except our own !

Comment

Mike , is your mint W&L maker marked ? as my other one is marked 100 under the pin but it is upside down .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X