Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Pumphrey View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Maybe this is NOT Hundert who was awarded his Iron Crosses on different dates. Could this photo show a soldier who for some supreme act of heroism had been awarded all three of the crosses at the same time? This could explain the 2nd class award being worn in this manner and the 1st class looking a bit crowded on his left breast pocket and a 2nd class in the place of the RK. Just a thought....
    Regards,
    Dick
    This could indeed be the case. A few individual got all 3 cross for the same act.

/Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
      This could indeed be the case. A few individual got all 3 cross for the same act.

/Flemming
      This might well be the case, however he has the CCC, IAB as well and I'm sure he would have qualified for at least an EK2 if had had won those awards as well? I can't believe that he would have been awarded all three EKs and a CCC and an IAB on the same day.
      My opinion is that he has recently been told of his RK award or had a small celebration at unit level upon hearing the news and he has put all of his decorations on, borrowed or had been given an EK2 to wear as an RK until the formal ceremony took place and has posed for photos wearing all his decorations. The fact that he is wearing the EK2 as opposed to just the ribbon may just be personal choice, he might just want to be 'blinged' up for the occasion. He might even wear his EK2 as a ribbon bar and therefore just threaded his EK2 through the buttonhole for the photo.
      Just my 2 cents....

Comment

Hundert decorations

Dear Dick,
        do you know if Hundert was decorated with Silver CCC ? It could be another step to find a name for this officer.

Thanks for your interesting infos

Marco

Comment

Hundert?

Hi Marco,
          I wish I had an answer for you on the CCC but I don't. When my friend passed away some eleven years ago I sold his collection for his parents. There was a great deal of paperwork/documents with the Hundert material included but I don't remember seeing any document for the CCC and there was no CCC included with the collection. I no longer have access to the material as it has sold again and I don't know who bought it this last time. I am very sorry to not be able to add any more info for you. You might use Yahoo and type in Joachim Hundert and at least be able to compare some other photos of him with yours. I hope that this helps.
          Best Regards,
          Dick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X