Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK 1 with swords mm L/52

Hello everyone,

I would like your thoughts on this zinc KVK1 marked L/52. I don't think it is original but I'll see what you all think.
    Everyone's opinions are appreciated.

Regards,
    Stephen
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

mm
      Attached Files

Comment

Alot of zink paste showing up on this one.

With a common award like this even it if it real I would pass on it unless the price is very very low or you are trying to fill in maker marks.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion.
          It there any other opinions on this KVK1?

Regards,
          Stephen

Comment

I don't like it and I don't like the pin in particular

Comment

I´m not expert but is the firs kvk 1 class marked L/52 i have seen with pin. All of i have seen were screwback.

Comment

Amazing. A very uncommon and imo 100% original variant pops up and it's panned. I can't see any zinc pest, just bubbling to near 100% intact thin plated finish. Classic Zimmermann recessed "DK" hardware , which was also used on their extremely hard to find Wound Badges. Where is it? I'll buy it.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                  Amazing. A very uncommon and imo 100% original variant pops up and it's panned. I can't see any zinc pest, just bubbling to near 100% intact thin plated finish. Classic Zimmermann recessed "DK" hardware , which was also used on their extremely hard to find Wound Badges. Where is it? I'll buy it.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Mike, I didn't even know that that Zimmermann made WBs!
                  I just did a search for L/52 wound badges and I seen that the zinc L/52 SWBs had the exact same setup as this. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
                  I think I will go ahead with the purchase.

Thanks to everyone for there input.

Regards,
                  Stephen

Comment

Mike you say it yourself "very uncommon" and I can understand why the other guys are hesitant with this cross.

I've only seen one more with a pin before and that was on DN's site some time ago. I can't post it here (copyright) but the hinge attachment and pin are different.

Personally I'm not crazy about the bubbling, the mm and the weak detail on the obverse but okay that's just me.

Comment

Each to their own.

I've studied my own examples, especially the hardware, and have no doubt they are genuine Zimmermanns.

I only wish my KVK1 and WB were in better condition! Both are marked with a stamped boxed L/52 center reverse (hidden by the pins in the scans).

Regards
                      Mike
                      Attached Files
                      Regards
                      Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Reverses...
                        Attached Files
                        Regards
                        Mike

Comment

Hello there,

The L/52 maker mark on the original cross posted looks correct to me.

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Here is an L/52 marked cross acquired directly from the vet's family and still pinned to his souvenir flag. It is the first one I have ever handled.

Bob Hritz
                            Attached Files
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Marking and how it was brought back and kept by the veteran.

Bob Hritz
                              Attached Files
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X