Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&Q KC opinions.

Hi all.

I have the possibility to buy this Knights Cross now and I wonder if this K&Q is safe. The ring is stamped 800 65.
    This is the model with the 3 dots were there has been so much discusions about but has this now been safe to buy as a 100 % wartime K&Q cross ?

Thanks
    Derek
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DeMil; 04-26-2008, 02:06 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps Dietrich can comment. This looks fine to me.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It looks like a fine K&Q to me.

Contrary to the believe of one dealer I never said nor wrote that K&Q with the 3 dots are post-war. There is no hard or soft evidence to support such an opinion other than the one 1957 cross (which is most likely a unique item). I flat out do not know whether K&Q produced after the war or not.

There always have been rumors about the high quantities of pristine K&Q and the late appearance in masses on the market. The shamefull addition of K&Q Knights Crosses to complement groups which were missing the original awarded cross - not matter when the original cross was issued and without informing the buyer- does and did not help to better the name of this type.

Klein & Quenzer was an original and licensed manufacturer of Knights Crosses during the war. Numerous crosses have been awarded, unmarked and "65".

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Dietrich.

Thanks once and for all for the clarification about the K&Q with the 3 dots.

For some weeks ago I saw a K&Q Knights Cross that was found in the battlefield in Kaliningrad in Russia.
                    The frame was in good condition but the iron had been restored as it had been very rusty. This frame has the 3 dots. And it is for sure a 100 % original "Bodenfund".
                    I have seen it and held it in my hands, but I forgot to take pictures of it
                    I will speak to the owner and try to get some pictures of it and post it on the forum.

I love the patina and the smooth wear on the swastika on this Knights Cross.
                    I bougth it now

Regards
                    Derek
                    Last edited by DeMil; 04-26-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Kc

Very nice cross!

Jeroen

Comment

K&q

Hi DeMil and Dietrich,
                        I also have an K&Q with 3 ( 4 ? ) dots, and it looks like yours at the area of the flaw ( 3 dots ), but not like the picture on the book of Dietrich. It seems to me, that the flaw was changing. I'm sorry, but it's not allowed to me to post pictures here
                        Regards g.800

Comment

gepunzt800, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by gepunzt800 View Post
                            Hi DeMil and Dietrich,
                            I also have an K&Q with 3 ( 4 ? ) dots, and it looks like yours at the area of the flaw ( 3 dots ), but not like the picture on the book of Dietrich. It seems to me, that the flaw was changing. I'm sorry, but it's not allowed to me to post pictures here
                            Regards g.800
                            Hi g.800 and welcome to the forum.

It seems that as more K&Q 65` Knights Crosses made in the same tool as more easier the dots are seen. The KC tool got more used and the dots got bigger.
                            If you want to post pictures you have to pay $ 25,- and you will be a Association Member.

Regards
                            Derek

Comment

Hello George L and Derek,
                              thanks for welcome me in the forum. Mybe Dietrich can post my cross here to compare it with the cross of Derek or other crosses. The cross was awarded in November 1944, so the statement ( expertise ) of Detlev Niemann. An interessting and important point : How and when started the flaw ? To get an answer in this question, it would be necessary to have more crosses with safe provenance.Crosses without safe provenance cannot give an answer to this unclarity. For me it's no tragedy : All crosses i've seen from K&Q looks to me like orginal pieces of wartime ( - 8. may of 1945 ).
                              Regards gepunzt800 .
                              Last edited by gepunzt800; 04-27-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X