Opinion on German Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on German Cross

Knowing my track record on medals, I'll assume nothing on them and ask everyone here their opinions. This time I am posting my German Cross for review. All comments welcome. Sorry for the reflection at the bottom, shiny medals do cause grief when trying to photograph them sometimes.

Thanks in advance!
    Ken
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

May we see a good clear closeup of the date, please?

Robert

Comment

Robert, 10 pictures later I finally got a clear picture. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks for your help!
          Ken
          Attached Files

Comment

I was originally going to say Deschler, which it resembles over any other DK, IMO. I've looked at some files I have on hand, not having my own example yet to compare with. So, let's let some others weigh in before I take an uneducated stab at it. I wouldn't want to make a mistake. I'm not 100% on the date.

Robert

Comment

DKiG

Deschler unmarked.

Comment

Here's a close-up of mine. Your's doesn't look that crisp but the photo may have something to play in that. Best that you post the dimensions and weight.

RIch
                Last edited by Rich G; 05-09-2008, 12:37 PM.
                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

Richard,
                  The date looks crisper than my picture. I took 10 different pictures and had trouble every time getting the camera to focus correctly so it showed up well.

Measuring across the badge with a tape measure it measures 2.5" across at the widest point across and top/bottom. Of course this includes the slight curvature caused by the tape running across the top of the badge.

Weight on my wife's kitchen scale looks like somewhere between 65g to 75g. The scale we have is woefully inaccurate but it's all I have available.

Thanks again for everyone's input. I look forward to hearing more.

Ken
                  Attached Files

Comment

High tech scale
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did my last posts help with this? Does anyone need any other info, etc on this badge?

Thanks again for all the help!
                      Ken

Comment

Ken

Sorry but your method of measuring and weighing are not very favourable! We'd need dimensions in mm's and an accurate weight to help you more.

Rich
                        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Ken1967 View Post
                          High tech scale

OOOOOOOooooooo i love it

remembers me on my early day's...

wel done ken ,,,april 1 ?????

i love youre humer

regards kay

Comment

Yeah, I'm not setup very well on weighing items. I'm so glad US militaria doesn't require this much effort

According to my math, the inches measurment should equal a total of 63.5 mm (with 1 inch = 25.4 mm).

The badge is heavy. Unfortunately, I have nothing else even close to weigh the badge with.

Comment

If it's a help, I use an RCBS digital weighing scale. I convert grains to grams. It works very well, very accurate.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X