No announcement yet.

Otto Schickle KCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words.

Hey Gary......I found a way to convert them dastardly 'Rounders' into Schickles.

A sidebar...............

I mentioned the price for the benefit of younger or newer collectors that lament the higher cost of TR militaria. I did so to let them know that there are still relative bargains to be had out there. Take the time to learn as much as you can and be prepared to act when the opportunity presents itself. That holds true for anything worth while in life. First ponder, then dare!

Marshall......New pics are on the way as we speak. You may need to have the postal service forward them to you.

All the best,

Tony
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
      I am posting these for Tiger1

First up is a Otto Schickle. Early production in Nuesilber with no marks.
      I love it!

Jeroen

Comment

[quote=Tiger 1;2584064]Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words.

A sidebar...............

I mentioned the price for the benefit of younger or newer collectors that lament the higher cost of TR militaria. I did so to let them know that there are still relative bargains to be had out there. Take the time to learn as much as you can and be prepared to act when the opportunity presents itself. That holds true for anything worth while in life. First ponder, then dare!

Tony,

...and that certainly includes us "older folk" as well !!!

Regards,

Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

It's not us 'older folks' my friend. It's us 'longevity enhanced experienced folks'. .

Tony

Comment

Could you perhaps give us some insight as to why a dealer at a show would sell a RK for half of its market price? It strikes me peculiar. Regardless, congratulations on the good fortune.

Comment

Wow what a condition on this early Schickle.
              One of the best ones I have seen.

Regards
              Derek

Comment

Bill,

I'm not sure either. I think he was more of a collector than a 'dealer'.

After several looks I asked if I could take it to some folks whose judgement I trusted after I was satisfied with it being the real deal. He was okay with that. Upon returning from getting a collective I asked if he had any wiggle room in the price. He said he did and we reached a satisfactory agreement. I paid him. He was happy. I took my new KC with me. I was happy.

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.....I guess he needed the money.

Tony

Comment

Thanks Derek.

It looks much better in hand.

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X