Named D K I G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named D K I G

This Piece Recently Came Out Of The Wood Work. The Original Owner Peened His Name Into The Back Of The Badge. The Work Is Difficult To Read But Appears To Be "k. Werner" An Unknown Word, "russland" And 12.2.43.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The unknown word seems to be "feldwebel" Bob.

Best, Sal

Comment

Bob, the unknown word appears to be Feldwebel......Nice German Cross.....Bodes

Comment

Sal And Bodes-
            Your Eyesight Is Better Than Mine. Thanks. My List Of Recipients Of The D K I G Does Not Include Anyone By This Name. Either I Am Reading The Name Wrong Or This Is An Unlisted Recipient.

Comment

It is K. Werner Bob.

Best, Sal

Comment

I have found 2 listings for Luftwaffe:

Werner, Karl Unteroffizier 9 Nov 42
                Bordfunker in einem Sturzkampfgeschwader

Werner, Kurt Unteroffizier 7 Fef 44
                Bordmechaniker in einem Kampfgeschwader

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Could be Karl Werner, Scherzer has the date as 20 Oct.42 and he belonged to 9./Stuka geschwader 2, the same staffel a certain guy by the name of Rudel was with when he got his RK.

But it could also be the last name begins with K and Werner is his first name.

Then we have

Werner Krumpa, 15 Jan.43, II./Stg.1
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Interesting.....Friday 12th of February 1943 only German Cross' in Gold appear to have been awarded to Army members from my lists.

It could well be that was the date it was published on orders or the day he physically received it but not the official date of the award!

When dates differ in references and the recognised lists I have found that they tended also to be Army recipients!

/Ian
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                      Could be Karl Werner, Scherzer has the date as 20 Oct.42 and he belonged to 9./Stuka geschwader 2, the same staffel a certain guy by the name of Rudel was with when he got his RK.

But it could also be the last name begins with K and Werner is his first name.

Then we have

Werner Krumpa, 15 Jan.43, II./Stg.1
                      SIMON & IAN
                      INTERESTING THOUGHT ON THE NAME. I HAD A DK THAT WAS PART OF A KC GROUPING YEARS AGO. THE MAN CARVED HIS INITIALS IN THE REAR, LAST NAME FIRST. THIS DATE SEEMS THE CLOSEST. NOW, TO RESEARCH THIS UNIT TO SEE IF IT ENDED UP FIGHTING IN THE WEST WHERE A GI COULD HAVE OBTAINED IT.

Comment

My Reference On D K Recipients Lists Krumpa As 8 February, 1943.
                        That Is Within Four Days. This Kind Of Search Is What Makes Collecting Interesting.

Comment

For the german nature and the proudness of the owner I would say Werner would be his last name on the reverse of the this DK/GC.

Comment

For the german nature and the proudness of the owner I would say Werner would be his last name on the reverse of the this DK/GC.
                            Today 03:32 PM
                            I would say that too, typical german style

Regards
                            Rüdiger

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                              SIMON & IAN
                              INTERESTING THOUGHT ON THE NAME. I HAD A DK THAT WAS PART OF A KC GROUPING YEARS AGO. THE MAN CARVED HIS INITIALS IN THE REAR, LAST NAME FIRST. THIS DATE SEEMS THE CLOSEST. NOW, TO RESEARCH THIS UNIT TO SEE IF IT ENDED UP FIGHTING IN THE WEST WHERE A GI COULD HAVE OBTAINED IT.
                              Ok, so if you know for certain it was taken by an American at the end of the war then that helps. Elements at least of Rudel's slachtgeschwader 2 did surrender to American forces, including Rudel himself.

http://fw190.hobbyvista.com/kitzingen.htm
                              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X