From the German War Graves site:

Nachname: Miksch
    Vorname: Alfred
    Dienstgrad: Feldwebel
    Geburtsdatum: 03.01.1919
    Geburtsort: Wien
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 01.12.1943
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Bree

Alfred Miksch rest in the War Graves Cemetry in Lommel (Belgium).
    Grave location: Block 21 Grave 143

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

A most beautiful and impressive grouping

Congrats!

Thanks for sharing,
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
        From the German War Graves site:

Nachname: Miksch
        Vorname: Alfred
        Dienstgrad: Feldwebel
        Geburtsdatum: 03.01.1919
        Geburtsort: Wien
        Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 01.12.1943
        Todes-/Vermisstenort: Bree

Alfred Miksch rest in the War Graves Cemetry in Lommel (Belgium).
        Grave location: Block 21 Grave 143

/Ian

Thanks Ian for that information.

I will get there soon to visit his grave....Its not far from here...

Martin

Comment

Martin,

great grouping!!

Send me a message when you have more pics.

KR.

Comment

Miksch was one of the more successful pilots during Stalingrad, along with Helmut Rueffler, also of JG 3. BTW my uncle was CO of 9. JG 3 during the BoB and was a good friend of Wilcke.

Comment

I had a agreement with the seller. The total Miksch grouping is now mine

Now I need some scans of Miksch which are seen on pages 151, 171 and 190 in the book "Defending the Reich-History of JG.1" by Erik Mombeek. Does anyone have those pictures/scans?

Thanks.

Martin

Comment

Today I finally picked up the Miksch DKiG grouping in germany straight from the nephew of Miksch. I am as happy as a boy with a candy....

I was surprised that there were a few pictures with it from the funeral of Miksch in which the medals on the pillow are seen.

Martin

PS: Richard, the DKiG is marked "20" on the reverse. Maybe this is interesting information as you stated earlier...

Comment

Awesome group, great it is all there and not broken up and sold off individually.

Comment

Martin,

I am over the moon that you have managed to get such an important grouping and with the best provenance you can get direct from the family.

Very interesting re his his service and kills at Stalingrad one of the German veterans who i know very well was a Mechanic with 9 Staffel JG 3 throughout the entire war and was with the Platzschutzstaffel at Pitomnik as mechanic to a contempory of Miksch, RKT Georg Schentke who was shot down and killed north of Stalingrad 25/12/1942.

I have many hundreds of photos of JG 3 in my archive and a full history of 9 Staffel put together by my friend particulary at Stalingrad, give me an e mail maybe i can supply you with more info / photos etc for your collection,

regards

Paul

Comment

Outstanding group, and to an ace pilot, no less. I feel somewhat sorry for the family, though. They either were in dire need of money, or they have no pride in their family history. At least it stayed together; good going!

Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

Hi,

Very,very nice set,congrats

Regards

Phil.

Comment

A really excellent grouping!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
                            Martin,

I am over the moon that you have managed to get such an important grouping and with the best provenance you can get direct from the family.

Very interesting re his his service and kills at Stalingrad one of the German veterans who i know very well was a Mechanic with 9 Staffel JG 3 throughout the entire war and was with the Platzschutzstaffel at Pitomnik as mechanic to a contempory of Miksch, RKT Georg Schentke who was shot down and killed north of Stalingrad 25/12/1942.

I have many hundreds of photos of JG 3 in my archive and a full history of 9 Staffel put together by my friend particulary at Stalingrad, give me an e mail maybe i can supply you with more info / photos etc for your collection,

regards

Paul
                            Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Hi Paul, I have send you a PM.

Hi Kevin, the family kept it a long time in their posession and there comes a time that they had to let it go. I know that Mrs. Miksch, the sister of Alfred Miksch, was recently in hospital as she is 84 years and had some health problems, so maybe that could be the reason. I dont know, I can only guess.

Martin

Comment

Dear Martin,

A wonderful grouping. I assume this was the grouping you spoke to me about earlier (a month ago). I am glad to see that it stayed together and that you were able to purchase it all at once. Congrats!

Truly the centerpiece of a collection!

Gary B
                              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                                Dear Martin,

A wonderful grouping. I assume this was the grouping you spoke to me about earlier (a month ago). I am glad to see that it stayed together and that you were able to purchase it all at once. Congrats!

Truly the centerpiece of a collection!

Gary B

omg thats so nice^^
                                how about that condor group mate

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X