Best place to sell a Knight's Cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to sell a Knight's Cross?

My mom was rummaging through an old desk downstairs and found an Iron Cross which my Dad was holding onto as a collectible. While I don't have my hands on it yet, her description matches a KCIC...swastika on front w/1939...1813 on the back...with ribbon. Its been in their possession for probably 30-40 years, so I can't imagine it being a repro.

I had good luck here selling his SWB and knuckledusters, but the price was a bit on the low side...e.g. , wholesale, no disrespect intended. Ebay is out...I'm on their short list for trying to sell the above pieces there...both got canx'd.

Any advice regarding where to get top dollar would be appreciated. I will post pics once the piece arrives. Best Regards, Mike

Originally posted by CAPTMike View Post
    My mom was rummaging through an old desk downstairs and found an Iron Cross which my Dad was holding onto as a collectible. While I don't have my hands on it yet, her description matches a KCIC...swastika on front w/1939...1813 on the back...with ribbon. Its been in their possession for probably 30-40 years, so I can't imagine it being a repro.

I had good luck here selling his SWB and knuckledusters, but the price was a bit on the low side...e.g. , wholesale, no disrespect intended. Ebay is out...I'm on their short list for trying to sell the above pieces there...both got canx'd.

Any advice regarding where to get top dollar would be appreciated. I will post pics once the piece arrives. Best Regards, Mike
    How do you know it's not an EK2?

Comment

I would suggest taking a few photos of it and posting them here. That way the 'experts' can tell you exactly what it is and if it is real or not. They can also provide you a value as well. If all going well, you could sell it here..

Just my 2 cents.

Scott

Comment

Sorry to spin up too soon...called mom back

and she said ribbon was only a few inches long. Probably an EK2...just got all excited for a moment. Looking forward to getting it...will post pics as soon as I can. Thanks for the advice. Best Regards, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTMike View Post
          and she said ribbon was only a few inches long. Probably an EK2...just got all excited for a moment. Looking forward to getting it...will post pics as soon as I can. Thanks for the advice. Best Regards, Mike

Whatever the result. I agree WAF will probably net you the best value

Comment

If you have a 3/4 ring type that is non magnetic and has nickle frame, I am the retail buyer.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
              If you have a 3/4 ring type that is non magnetic and has nickle frame, I am the retail buyer.

Bob Hritz

Good things come to those who wait, Bob. No worries... You'll find one eventually

Rob

Comment

Rob, you are correct. if I am meant to have one, it will be there for me. If I am not, no effort will prevail.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X