Oak leaves with swords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oak leaves with swords?

Just wondering what a fair price is for this, if it is indeed an original? Any opinions?

cheers

Last edited by lauraly; 04-06-2008, 05:17 PM.

Hi,

Even in the fuzzy images these do not look right.

E.

Comment

Probably worth about $20, you can pick them up at the gun shows or on ebay.

Comment

What are the tell tale signs that this is a fake so I know what to look for?

Comment

There is no need to learn all fakes. The best approach is to learn the real thing. Since there were only two variants of the real oaks and oaks with swords this is not an impossible task.
          And then everything that does not look like these two is not the real deal.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi
            Because its such a poor copy,I would say its virtually worthless.

Comment

I quater machine prize.

Comment

IMHO when considering to buy this kind of stuff a wise investment would be buying a book published by a young collector (I am kidding ) The Knights cross of the Iron cross (B&D Publishing).
                The answer is on pages 284-285 = keep your money for something better.
                Only problem with this book I am carrying everywhere I go for weeks: its weight.

Pierre

Comment

My copy is starting to get that well read and used look, its probably the book I read the most at the moment.

Comment

Good

Hear Hear...I second everything thats been said....

The piece in question is so bad, its laughable.

The sad thing is that people get ripped off every day on "on line" auction robberies like e-bay for this type of cr$$p, and when they try to recovered their money e-bay/PalPal hide behind the "free market place" excuse.

The answer is ...buy from Germany (or from a good US dealer), and pay the correct price..or a "good price" thats a little lower (and be suspicious of anything less)

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                      There is no need to learn all fakes. The best approach is to learn the real thing. Since there were only two variants of the real oaks and oaks with swords this is not an impossible task.
                      That for example is somenthing totally NEW for me. Thanks for the information. I think in order to learn about this two variants I should buy a book (you know which one). Well, I wish someday I would do it.

But thanks for the information anyway.

Hehehehe I wonder what those variants were and look like.

Regards

Edgar

Comment

Buy the book, you won't regret it!

I have two :-S

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                          So all L/12-marked sets are fakes?
                          And all L/21-marked, too?
                          I think it´s a little bit too early to say that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X