Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross Question

Hello,

I'm Learning About Ek's For A Small Collection I'm Building But The Centerpiece Would Be A Rk. Have Read Mucho On How To Id Them And Here Is My Question.

Synders Treasures Has Several For Sale, Looking Them Over Then Reading What Is In The Maerz Book For Example, I'm Having A Hard Time Telling If These Are Authentic. Can Anyone Weigh In On This. I'd Like To Purchase One, But A Real One.

Thanks,

G

Snyders? Stay away!....Stay very FAR away!

Bob.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Yes don't buy from there! Almost all fakes!

Comment

I can't remember who said it but my favourite comment I have ever heard regarding Snyder was something along the lines of, "Instead of dealing with Snyder, pay a homeless guy $5 to repeatedly kick you in the nuts. Its pretty much the same experience"

Oh yeah, avoid him like the plague

Comment

Stay away from Snyder´s Fakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Guanaja View Post
            Hello,

I'm Learning About Ek's For A Small Collection I'm Building But The Centerpiece Would Be A Rk. Have Read Mucho On How To Id Them And Here Is My Question.

Synders Treasures Has Several For Sale, Looking Them Over Then Reading What Is In The Maerz Book For Example, I'm Having A Hard Time Telling If These Are Authentic. Can Anyone Weigh In On This. I'd Like To Purchase One, But A Real One.

Thanks,

G
            Snyder have a bad reputation but it is not so important who you buy from. It is much more important to know what you buy. Read everything you can find on the subject. Interact with other collectors. Use plenty of time.

All the best.
            Peter

Comment

Hello

If you want to know what not to buy, then look at the stuf Synder has to offer.

If you really want to learn about EKs & RKs then the best advice I can offer is to buy some good books, read and digest what is in them, and read through as many threads on this forum as you can. That way you will have a reasonable idea as to what it should look like. Oh, and where possible, before buying anything, especially an RK, post photos of it on here for comment first.

Only my personal opinion, but bookwise I'd recommend:

The Iron Time, Stephen T Previtera, Winidore Press (www.winidorepress.com)

The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross, Dietrich Maerez, B&D Publishing (www.ironcross1939.com)

The Iron Cross of 1939, Gordon Williamson, R.James Bender Publishing (www.bender-publishing.com) This one is now out of print, but you can still find copies for sale via Amazon and E-Bay.

Welcome to forum

Regards
              David

Comment

Thanks to all who replied.
                Wow, am I ever glad I asked!! I guess in a similar vein, are there any vendors one can feel confident about?

I've read two of the three recommended books. But there are not many opportunities to put your hands on these items for examination thats for sure.

G

Comment

Snyders treasures my arse

James M

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X