Views on this cross . (Thank you).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Views on this cross . (Thank you).

Hello, I am not an expert on EK's and would welcome comments on this cross which was recently bought by a friend of mine.
    To me it does not seem "right".
    The makers mark is 51 - I looked in Gordon Williamsons book but could not find a maker 51 - if I missed it can anyone set me to right > (Thanks).

Paint job is "too good" and there appears to be paint on the beading which gives me to think it has been repainted or was painted insitu.
    Back of the cross poor symetery and the tarnish comes off on the hand / finger nail.
    The 1939 does not look right .
    As I say I am not an expert and would welcome your opinions on this cross , if it is a fake is it a well known example ?

I could not get my camera to "co-operate" so I would apologise in advance for the scans.
    To me it just does not seem right but in this case I hope you gents will prove me wrong.
    Thanks in advance.

Jim S

I dont think the '51s are original, maybe a "flock". To me this cross is fake and I would not like to have it in my collection. Hope to see other comments as well. Also I hope your freind didn`t pay too much for it.

Cheers.

Comment

Not a Floch, but not good either.

Comment

These are cheaply made 1 pieces that can be bent by hand. Bad to the bone.

Comment

We need a big banner at the top of the crosses forum that reads "IF IT'S MAKER MARKED 51, IT'S FAKE. PERIOD. DOT."

Would save people the time of posting these. Nothing against learning, but these get posted very, very often.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Id say its a floch but i could be wrong

James M

Comment

Originally posted by don-zamo View Post
              Id say its a floch but i could be wrong

James M
              Nope, Floch made crosses are manufactured 1000% better than these.

Comment

Shows how much I know

James M

Comment

Yep , these are everywhere

Comment

Yep, these mm51 are every where...even one in my house
                    But my daughter, who is 4 years old, enjoys playing with that one, as she knows she is not to touch the other things

/Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                      Nope, Floch made crosses are manufactured 1000% better than these.
                      I agree with Darrell. I was Floch'ed about a month ago. Floch's crosses are 3-piece construction and VERY convincing, unless you know what to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                        Yep, these mm51 are every where...even one in my house
                        But my daughter, who is 4 years old, enjoys playing with that one, as she knows she is not to touch the other things

/Flemming
                        Good point

Comment

A case of suspicions confirmed, thanks for the lowdown on this repro item.

Comment

Sad. Not nice getting burned. I here 50 and 51 are for sure fakes.

Comment

Not an original cross!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X