opinion on KC of the War Merit Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nachtundnebel View Post
    The pebbling inside the wreath, strange wreath, the 1939 looks strange etc etc plus the weight should be 42,3 to 42,4 grams according to: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/war_...ghts_cross.htm
    If you are talking about the Godet type, then not so...actually there were "heavy", "medium" and "light" Godet. The heavier ones were earlier.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

war merit cross

it should be marked 935 4 if a true s&l, as i had one a few years back which was sold to a collector via bill shea. the pebbling behind the date and swaz is wrong. regards,,mike

Comment

Hello there,

I don't like this one.

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I dont like the loop attachment, non-symmetrical (i.e. not in the vertical) and rough workmanship.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you look at the swords I can see what look like telel tale cast marks (roughness and a line in the middle) or this could just be the photo.

Correct me if I am wrong but these were always die struk so there should never be a line?

Comment

--
              Last edited by Military Trader; 08-07-2008, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Military Trader View Post
                Thanks to all who commented. It seems everyone agrees this award is a repro -- anyway here is one last picture to show the patina a little better
                i would say repro,looks like one that came out of austria,as did a lot of other medals badges etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X