GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question? were any LDO EK1s ever made in silver???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question? were any LDO EK1s ever made in silver???

Hi Guys, i want to find out if anyone out there as ever come across a LDO EK1 made of 800, 900 or 935 silver??...were they ever made and who for?...I have heard of the Japanese silver crosses but any by an LDO MAKER and who?...hope someone knows.....

Good question Sven.

Sorry I don't have a definite answer for you, but if LDO marked items were private purchase, then could they have been made in silver for private purchase? or would this have been against LDO rules & specs?

I too would like to here what others have to say on this.
    Regards,
    Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

Hi Chris..im surprised that no one else knows if they made them out of 800 sliver. Ive not seen any on this site but i would guess that if you could get the LDO private purchase etc that one could ask for a cross to be made in sliver 800,935 etc if you payed the extra.

Come on guys let me and Chris know if they made them out of marked silver and does anyone own one??

Comment

I have a one piece WWII EKI that is unmarked but made of silver, most likely 800. I will post a picture tomorrow.

Comment

I have finally joined the association but I still cannot post a picture yet. Does it take a few days to become a member?

Comment

I thought you could post straight away when you become a member as long as you have the password. Can any moderators help on this?

Comment

Haven't personally seen a 1939 EK1 in 800 silver, but can see any specific reason a manufacturer couldn't use silver for LDO pieces. 800 marked EK2s exist, why not EK1s.
              In fact Harald Geissler shows a rather unusual EK1 in his book, with very fine quality pin marked with the 800 mark, plus R.S. plus the L/58 mark.
              Of couse no doubt some will howl "fake" because it is Souval, but Harald Geissler knows his EKs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X