Value of Schinkel EK Medal Bar/Ribbon Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of Schinkel EK Medal Bar/Ribbon Bar

All this talk of Schinkel Iron Crosses has prompted me to inquire about one of my medal bars. What is your guess regarding the value of a three-medal medal bar with EKII (Schinkel form) with orangey ribbon, Army Long Service w/ eagle, and Czech Occupation w/ Prague Bar. It's in virtually perfect shape including the finely-stitched gray felt backing. It comes with the accompanying small sized ribbon bar. Bought it at the Max Show about ten years ago for $200.

p.s. Why is the EK ribbon orange/red colored? Dye fading? It isn't sun-bleached, I'm sure of that because its the same color under the folds. But the ribbon bar EK ribbon is the normal deep red.

The orange coloured EK ribbon seems to be just a manufacturers variant on the colour. It may be that the dye used is prone to a colour change over time or it was manufactured with that slight colour difference. I have a few examples of this ribbon,

The medal bar you describe is probably worth at leastdouble what you paid for it. I bought one about a year ago from Detlev and it was just under $400.

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X