Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII 65mm

Dear All,

Here is another of my recent acquisitions - a 65mm EK2. I must say I really like these K & Q, I don't know why, I just think it is a very good looking cross. It's also my first example with a core that rattles ! I particularly like the dull / matt core on these examples. The frame and the beading is also quit intricate. Just thought I'd include it for you all to see.

Hope you like it as much as I do,

Regards to all as usual,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,
    A 65mm EK? Holy sh!t - thats HUGE!!
    Only joking, thought I would say it before someone else did!
    Nice addition to your growing collection and in great condition too. I agree with you on the matt core, I favour this type as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
      A 65mm EK? Holy sh!t - thats HUGE!!

K&Q's have the best design IMO.
      Well Done

Comment

Sorry all, I do realise that this mm is not rare! I was just posting so that it might, and I say might help somebody else ! I know they are as common as muck, it's just my first example, I saw many interesting threads about these whilst searching and came across this picture, and thought, hmmm.....maybe mine is a little different and could help others.....

Sorry, not meaning to sound sarcastic or anything ! Just thought I'd mention it nd show it.

Thanks to all,

Gareth

Comment

ek 2 mm 65

Are all genuine mm # 65 cross. I would be intrested in seeing the details of each, as I see as what appears several different cores. What are your thoughts ( Robert).

Comment

Originally posted by RICK S View Post
            Are all genuine mm # 65 cross. I would be intrested in seeing the details of each, as I see as what appears several different cores. What are your thoughts ( Robert).
            Thanks Rick,

Yes, this is my photo, and ALL are ring-stamped '65' EKII's in my collection.

Robert

Comment

Yes, K&Q used many different period cores, the exact count I am unsure. My collection is limited to just that which you see here. Here is a photo I have in my files of two different cores which I find very interesting. The swastikas are evidently different...

Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Dates also differ, as you can see in the photos above. There are slight differences, and there are major differences...

I'm not seeing anything dramatically different in Gareth's cross which makes me believe it is some new core.

Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Robert,

Thank you, hope you didn't mind using your picture, sorry, I found it whilst trailing through some old 65 stuff on the search function.

Regards,

Gareth

Comment

Nice Cross Gareth , i also like the 65's .

Comment

Originally posted by Garethmk1 View Post
                      Robert,

Thank you, hope you didn't mind using your picture, sorry, I found it whilst trailing through some old 65 stuff on the search function.

Regards,

Gareth
                      No, that's just fine.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X