• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographs

Originally posted by Panzerman
    Hi Floyd,

How about posting some photos???

Thanks.
    Well I would and I use to could, but I don't see any place or way to attach a photograph any more.

Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Paul B
      I could be wrong, but seem to remember that Eberhard Milch's interimstab was sold in the UK about 10 years, perhaps by Adrian Foreman, so it must be in private hands somewhere...I would've bought it, but my pocket-money and paper-round wouldn't stretch that far ! I saw the Doernitz baton in the "flesh" during a visit to the Shropshire L.I Museum last year -very, very impressive. All the best, Paul.
      Yeah,I've seen the Dönitz baton in the flesh as well

Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

Posting Pictures

Originally posted by Dave-B

Dave
        Hello Dave. Very nice Baton there. Looks just like mine except mine is red and of course has a different name. Some how I am missing out on being able to post pictures. Something has changed and along the way I must have missed it. I used to post pictures and now I can't. Like it calls me a new member even though I joined in 2002???

Could this have anything to do with money? Maybe those that don't pay a fee can't post pictures? If that is the way it goes then somewhere I was not notified that I needed to pay a subscription or what ever. Any suggestions?

Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by fpetri
          I used to post pictures and now I can't. Like it calls me a new member even though I joined in 2002???

Could this have anything to do with money? Maybe those that don't pay a fee can't post pictures? If that is the way it goes then somewhere I was not notified that I needed to pay a subscription or what ever. Any suggestions?

Floyd
          You need to renew your subscription every year ... or ... well ... you cant post pics

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B

Dave
            Dave, was the Curator of the Museum a little nervous with you handling that lovely speciman?

I can see him now (out of camera shot) ready to dive in and make a saving catch if you happened to drop it

Comment

Of course these historical works of art are beautiful and WAAAY beyond my means. My question is does anybody reproduce these batons? If so who? I would love to have one to display as a curiousity.

Comment

re

Originally posted by herrgeezer
                Of course these historical works of art are beautiful and WAAAY beyond my means. My question is does anybody reproduce these batons? If so who? I would love to have one to display as a curiousity.

Thanks Dave for that posting such a beauty
                That is what i call a piece with history

I know they make replicas ,but IMO the cost of these are very high
                maybe you can buy an original RK for that kind of money
                sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

re

Originally posted by Michael Everett
                  Pieter,

Once again you are right about everything except.....

V. Weichs Baton: US Army Infantry Museum, Ft Benning Georgia.

Goring's First Baton: US Army Infantry Museum, Ft Benning Georgia.

Both are on display and are tremendous.

The following pictures are neither of the above but, it is for sale:

How much Micheal My geus would say 1 million $$ or even more
                  sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                    Dave, was the Curator of the Museum a little nervous with you handling that lovely speciman?

I can see him now (out of camera shot) ready to dive in and make a saving catch if you happened to drop it
                    The curator was fine,it was me that was nervous! Look how he made me hold the thing,just 2 fingers on each hand ....I was thinking to myself..just don't drop it,don't drop it,DON'T DROP IT!

The baton is beautiful and I cannot describe the workmanship and quality of it, it truly is a fantastic piece!

Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

Although Imperial, a friend of mine has a cased, Godet-produced iterim baton that belonged to Graf von Haeseler. The quality of the thing is amazing.

Comment

In the national veterans museum here in Tennessee they have one of Hitler's guns and a Baton of a general. I will give the name of the general and post photos at axis history and then link it to here. I just have to go back to the museum one of these days.

Comment

no close up but here's a picture of AH and FieldMarshalls with their baton. Goring's there but I don't readily recognize the others, which appear to be Luftwaffe.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by entasis
                            no close up but here's a picture of AH and FieldMarshalls with their baton. Goring's there but I don't readily recognize the others, which appear to be Luftwaffe.
                            Looks like (L to R):

Milch, Sperrle, Hitler, Goering and Kesselring.

Comment

Good job Darrell, you get an A+.

The earliest and best. I've had Kesselring's book for ages and never read it. I have to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by entasis View Post
                                no close up but here's a picture of ah and fieldmarshalls with their baton. Goring's there but i don't readily recognize the others, which appear to be luftwaffe.
                                my god! They're touching them with their bare hands!!!! Noooo!! Noooooooooo!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X