Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real silver EK I 1939

Hello:

The EK I 1939 on the photos below is made from solid silver - framework and core. It is marked on the pin “R-S”, “935” and “L/58” for Rudolf Souval in Vienna.

Beside the one in my collection I know only a further one in the same kind and marker in the collection of Harald Geißler. His one is illustrated in his book "Das Eiserne Kreuz von 1913 bis heute" (The Iron Cross from 1813 to today) on page 152.

Those are the two only solid silver EK I 1939 from Rudolf Souval which I have know in the last 30 years.

Does someone have also such a EK I 1939 in his collection and could post also photos here?

Andy

P.S. M. Zimmer is so friendly to post as soon as possible three photos for me here.

Originally posted by Andy K. View Post
    Hello:

The EK I 1939 on the photos below is made from solid silver - framework and core. It is marked on the pin “R-S”, “935” and “L/58” for Rudolf Souval in Vienna.

Beside the one in my collection I know only a further one in the same kind and marker in the collection of Harald Geißler. His one is illustrated in his book "Das Eiserne Kreuz von 1913 bis heute" (The Iron Cross from 1813 to today) on page 152.

Those are the two only solid silver EK I 1939 from Rudolf Souval which I have know in the last 30 years.

Does someone have also such a EK I 1939 in his collection and could post also photos here?

Andy

P.S. M. Zimmer is so friendly to post as soon as possible three photos for me here.

here we go
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M. Zimmer View Post
      here we go
      reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        one closer view
        Attached Files

Comment

one closer view

no comments ??

Comment

Post-war Souval ?

Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The reasoning behind this piece would be this (I guess):

Co. Souval decided - against the rules and regulations of the PKZ (and there is enough evidence in contemporary documents that the PKZ REALLY wanted to have iron as the core material!) - to make a special private purchase version of the EK1 completely out of silver ... and would paint the (silver) core black? Nothing is impossible but how useful is that?

The necessary markings are on the pin and not on the (silver) piece itself...?! Has someone tested the frame and the core whether it is really silver?

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Very interesting cross, thanks for showing. Souval crosses are an own science and I think noone for sure can say which of the souvals are pre- and which are post 45.

EK with silver markings are quite rare, but i know of several different variants that i consider to be original. In this case everybody must know on hs own what a piece is worth.

Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                  The reasoning behind this piece would be this (I guess):

Co. Souval decided - against the rules and regulations of the PKZ (and there is enough evidence in contemporary documents that the PKZ REALLY wanted to have iron as the core material!) - to make a special private purchase version of the EK1 completely out of silver ... and would paint the (silver) core black? Nothing is impossible but how useful is that?

The necessary markings are on the pin and not on the (silver) piece itself...?! Has someone tested the frame and the core whether it is really silver?

Dietrich
                  It is tested: frame and core are from genuine silver.

Of course the silver mark refers to the whole piece and not only to the pin. As the Breast Stars of the German Eagle Order which are also marked only on the pin. There is in Germany no regulation prescribes, where a manufacturer its silver marks to mark has. They must be only visible for the customer.

In my opinion the silver EK I 1939 had been manufactured by Souval only for the private sale. I don't think when or which period the silver EK were manufactured by Souval can be find out for certain, today.

Are there really no other collectors, which have such silver EK in their collection?

Andy

Comment

Hello Andy,

I had a lengthy correcspndance with Herr Umlauff, Managind Director of Souval. This occured in the late 1960s to mid 1970s. I biought hundreds of original medals and badges from Souval. I also received the pricelists of the post-war production medals and badges. I never saw offered any all silver Iron Cross in any class, from any post-war list.

I would think a maker such as Souval would make anything a customer, during the 3rd Reich, ordered.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hello:

I telephoned yesterday regarding the real silver EK I 1939 from Souval with Harald Geissler. He acquired its EK I 1939 decades ago from the family of a German Cross in Silver recipient. A further real silver EK I 1939 from Souval as described above he didn’t see in his 40 years collecting activity.

I don’t have any doubts to the genuineness of this EK I 1939.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy K. View Post

Are there really no other collectors, which have such silver EK in their collection?

Andy
                        http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24972

Comment

Hello "Jacob09":

I cannot open the attached photos, because I’m not a member of the Gentleman’s Military Interest Club.

Please, be so kind and post the photos from the link above for everyone here in this forum. Thank you very much.

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X