Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK 1st class help!

Hi,
    I was wondering what your thoughts are on this cross. I asked a knowledgeable collector about this and he said he didn't know if it was real or not. The pin is maker marked 1, with the top being stamped deeper than the bottom. It is also stamped a little off center with deforms the pin on the right side a little. I tried researching this cross on the forums but couldn't find one marked 1 with this pin assembly. Other than that I believe this is a nice original badge. If it is real, what do you think its worth? If fake, please explain. I'll look forward to your opinions.

Thanks

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...-awards-06.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...-awards-04.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...-awards-02.jpg

I'm sorry but this is a floch fake. You can tell because it has the distinct B-type floch pin.

Regards,
    Stephen

Comment

Thanks

So none of the KVK's had this pin type? Are all of the KVK's that have this pin type fake? What else is wrong with this cross that would label it a fake? Your info is apppreciated.

Comment

Story

I am disappointed that this cross is fake. I am not a medal guy but I thought this was real. The story I got was that this medal was found in a desk of this girls father and she didn't want anything to do with it. She showed me a document that listed all of her fathers awards including this award, the german cross, Iron cross 1st class, etc. He was a high ranking guy according to the document. I got this from Germany. This just shows that you can't believe any story, even with evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by themilitaryman View Post
          So none of the KVK's had this pin type? Are all of the KVK's that have this pin type fake? What else is wrong with this cross that would label it a fake? Your info is apppreciated.
          Only Floch medals have this type of pin so any badge you see with this kind of pin is a fake. Also the catch is the same as the ones seen on Floch crosses. I hope this helps.

Regards,
          Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by themilitaryman View Post
            I would say yes and no. Mr Floch tried to imitate a mm L15 Otto Schickle cross. What he forgot, luckily for us, was to include the oval plate under the hinge plus the catch is also different like Stephen says. The mm 1 on yours has then been added later on by someone else.

There's one similar to yours, marked 65, that was posted a couple of days ago by Doug Kenwright.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X