Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1, 2 grouping

hello guys,
    i received this grouping from a soldier named heinrich fischer, he served in the 424th infantry regiment wich was part of the 126th infantry division. the grouping consists of his EK2, his ostmedal and the documents for the EK2, EK1 and the ostmedal, the both EK documents are signed by the division commander Harry Hoppe. who won the knights cross for taking the village of schlusselburg. i belive that at the time this man recieved the awards he was in demjansk. opinions are welcome,
    thanks rik.

I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

Always looking for documents from the 126. Infanterie-Division.

Rik,

That's avery nice group to one soldier. Nice medals too. Can you see a number stamp either on the Ostmedaille or on the EKII ribbon rings to help identify the makers? It would be nice to see a close up photo of the front of the cross. It looks like it's in fine condition.

Robert

Comment

with respect please be sceptical of these medals belonging to these documents. genuine, but possibly added to this nice grouping

Comment

thanks for you replies, the ek is not marked and as far as i can see the ostmedal is marked with 55 on the ring.

greetings rik

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
          with respect please be sceptical of these medals belonging to these documents. genuine, but possibly added to this nice grouping
          Well, wouldn't that be the issue of 98% of all groupings. There is no way to prove that the medals and document really belong to each other?

/Flemming

Comment

En EKI to a gefreiter is quite unusual and might well indicate a particularly noteworthy act of gallantry or success as an anti-tank gunner.

his easternfront medal is signed by RKT Wilhelm Cappel and was clearly awarded much later as he had risen to unteroffizier

Worthy of research i reckon.
            Last edited by Simon O.; 02-02-2008, 06:40 AM.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

What has happened to the EK1?

Comment

hi simon,
                thanks for your replie i would love to research this, do you have any idea at wich site or something i could look stuff up i already looked up his unit at lexikon der wehrmacht?

i don't know what happened to the EK1 unfortunatly, this is all the seller had.

greetings rik

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X