german cross / Deutsches Kreuz award. 6.1.45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

Robert was kind enough to direct me to this thread, thanks Robert. As far as the CCC is concerned, it looks like a nice original IMO. Robert nailed it, it is a 1.17.2 CCC, by an as yet unidentified maker. A better closeup of the obverse, central motif and then one of the pin opened, showing the backplate would tell us for sure. The type of finish for this maker, hinge, catch and even the unique crimping looks all perfectly textbook and correct for this type of CCC.

Something else to look at is when the CCC was awarded in the Soldbuch. With the fluted pin, I would expect this CCC to have been awarded in mid-44 to the end of the war.

Thanks

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi again,

Oops, just looked back through the picks and saw that the pages of the soldbuch were already posted. The CCC was infact awarded in January of 1945, perfectly in line with the fluted pin on the CCC.

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Thank you, Tom, for your valued opinion. That's good to know that the CCC is good, Chris. I don't know what to think about the DK. Perhaps someone will chime in and share something else with us on it, something positive. At this point I cannot go any further.

Robert

Comment

Robert and Tom thanks for work and help
          maybe one could find out in future also marker sometimes ?
          regards Chris

Comment

DK 100% fake. Soldb. - one more:
            OTTO EITNER awarded DKIG on january 6,1945 as Leutnant d.Res

Comment

Originally posted by Cook View Post
              DK 100% fake. Soldb. - one more:
              OTTO EITNER awarded DKIG on january 6,1945 as Leutnant d.Res
              Good work Cook,

On page 22 in soldbook. Otto Eitner through research, yes. It looks like someone has put together a group with a fake DK.

Robert

Comment

Robert,
                I think you are right

Comment

According to the Soldbook this soldier was quite the hero, and gained rank quickly going from a lowly Gefreiter in '39 to an Obergefreiter in '40, a Feldwebel in '43, and Oberleutnant in '44.

Robert

Comment

Robert yes, absolutly..................

Comment

I searched my books and i couldn't find any maker for this sort of DK.

A fake imo also.

Comment

Can you show here or in its apropiate forum scans of the whole Soldbuch?

I am really interested in the photo stapled to the inner cover.

Angel
                        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Very good discussion. If proved, this DKiG is a VERY high quality repro...
                          I got really worried about so good quality and details...

Comment

For your interest, here is a Junker, unmarked and attibuted to Major Hermann Köppen.

Obverse

Angel
                            Attached Files
                            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Reverse closed pin

Angel
                              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse open pin

Angel
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X