Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kvk1 L\12 help

Hello to all

This and the kvk1 of a my friend, I have need of your opinions... To me it seems ok!

Thanks to all
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Andrea, must admit I'm not that positive about your friends L/12 I'm afraid.

First of all there's some argument over how does a real L/12 look like. I don't know for sure. Have a look in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=kvk+L%2F12

Second looking at your friends cross I think it has some problems. Below I've posted my own L/52. It's NOT the same maker but just to show what I mean.

The small pin on the L/12 is thick and soaked in solder. The one on L/52 is thin and sharp which I believe it should look like and without all the solder. One exception is Souval, which have a small plate under.

The same goes for the screw, a lot of solder.

The inside of the screwplate on the L/12 don't have the clear lines like on the L/52.

The overall finish is bad. On the front the details are blurred. The lines in the center of the swords look strange. Also on the front notice how much leftover material there's on the swords and the cross arms. This can also be seen on the back. Personally I find it hard to believe a quality firm like C.E. Junker would ship that out.

Anyway, my knowledge is not so great (yet ) that I'll pass a sentence on your friends cross - good or bad. I'm however not happy and have tried to explain why, hope that's ok?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nachtundnebel; 01-29-2008, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X