Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zimmermann EK1 For a Friend

Hello all,

What follows is an EK1 that belongs to a friend of mine. I have given him my opinion on it. He asked if I would post on his behalf as he has no computer or camera to speak of. If there are any other pics I could attach to help you guys then please just ask.

Regards,
    Greg

The Reverse

Comment

The Mark

Comment

It looks fine to me -- even with the blistering paint!
        George

Comment

Hi George,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had told him that I thought it was okay but he needed to hear it from someone else to be safe. I'll pass on your reply to him and make his day.

Thanks,
          Greg

Comment

absolute original...

Comment

Hi Greg.. Looks fine.. Here's mine for comparison....
              Attached Files
              Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

No probelm whit that one
                Mikael

Comment

Thanks.

Hello all,

I tried to tell him it was good and even showed him three of my Zimmermann's in comparison but I guess that just wasn't good enough for him. His biggest concern was that the "20" stamp was not as crisp as other examples he had seen. I told him not to worry too much about it but he asked me to post here anyway. You've all made his day. Thanks on his behalf.

Regards,
                  Greg

Comment

---me too?

I have all so just brought home an EK 1 marked 20. Mine is
                    highly vaulted.
                    Is Zimmerman a rare maker? Does being vaulted add to it's
                    value?
                    Thanks, gregM

Comment

Hi Greg
                      ZĂ­mmer is not a rare maker. And about value there is always a buyer that will pay the price for it!. I do have 2 Zimmers but they are dubbel markt 20-L/52 one is valuted and one got a faint 3 mark!. Both are cased, and i will not sell any off them for under 500 usd. Yeep im cracy but they are rare.
                      Mikael

Comment

Your friend should not be concerned about the faint makers mark. Remember that they were hand stamped and often show variation. Zimmermans were always marked under the pin in this way and the numerals seem to be struck from one stamp. I have noticed that every original Zimm I have owned has an irregularity on the zero of the maker mark.
                        If you imagine the zero as a clock face, at 7 o'clock there is a slight bulge. This can clearly be seen in the picture you have posted. I'd buy it, it looks spot on to me.

Comment

Yes that is good, and since I have first time something for comparison

Here's mine

Jani
                          Attached Files
                          - Military historian and dealer from Finland.
                          - Collecting Finnish awards, German EK1's 1939, KVK1's w/o swords and Tirolian shooting badges.
                          I still need EK1's L/14 Screwback and Pinback.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X