KVK2nd class with swords question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK2nd class with swords question

I just got a marked cross, but I can't read the numbers.
    I will post a few pictures later, but my question is: what makers made the kvk 2nd class with swords?

Thanks

Steinar, have a look at this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=kvk2+maker

Comment

Thank you Frank...

Its marked but I can't identify this mark. Please have a look at the pictures and tell me what you think
      Attached Files

Comment

back
        Attached Files

Comment

some sort of mark.. is it a '3'
          Attached Files

Comment

It looks like "61" to me.

Regards,
            Stephen

Comment

61 Rudolf Karenth & Sohne

Comment

ahhh nice 1, I can see a 61. Thanks alot guys

Comment

Steinar -
                  Here's a "61" MM on another KVK2 from this thread over here
                  a comparison does the trick...
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=KVK+61
                  That is an excellent thread on the 61 KVK2nds - you should have no problem to tell if it's actually a 61 or not fron the pix - die flaws, characteristics etc - there's probably no other KVK2 discussed this thoroughly than this particular maker's
                  The "61" flaw in the right handle (see thread above) is missing on your cross for example.
                  I think yours is from a different maker
                  Best Regards
                  Rainer
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by R. Schmitt; 01-22-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks Rainer

It looks like they missed on the ring just a tiny bit when they were about to mark the ring with their tool, that way it looked like a strange nr '3' to me first, but once the others said 61, I noticed it in a heartbeat

Comment

Looks like other 61's got this minor die flaw on the right handle, on the swastika side... I can see one on the 1939 side on the left handle.. should I be worried? I do not feel worried though

This 6 o'clock arm is a little bent , and the ring is out of shape love it, I think it adds something to the cross, a bit of history...
                      Last edited by Steinar; 01-22-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Not a "61" IMHO, but certainly a very nice original KVK2 with character, yes
                        No need to worry!
                        On second thought - the flaw could have been from a later production series - who knows - a complete comparison would probably be best, this is just ONE flaw that does not match. You'll find out with the cross in hand.
                        KR
                        Rainer
                        Last edited by R. Schmitt; 01-22-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

The mark certainly is split in half, but it really looks like '61'... any other character that tell you this is not a 61?

Comment

OK - no bedtime yet, then - If you check the other thread, you can probably see it first if it's a match or not - I was comparing the most characteristic flaw from that thread and compared it to yours - as I stated above, that flaw could have appeared sometime during the production process when the die wore out (yours bein an earlier example, the ones in the other post being later ones)
                            A Complete comparison would tell for sure, but let's face the obvious, the MM again. Gimmie a minute and I'll get both in one picture...
                            Rainer

Comment

Originally posted by xerox_ View Post
                              ... but once the others said 61, I noticed it in a heartbeat
                              And the blind man agrees
                              Bed Time!!! If you'll excuse me now, I'll hit the sack before I start seeing things (or continue to not hear and not see things)
                              Good Night and congrats on your "61"!
                              Rainer
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X