Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My K&Q RK

Folks,

I have been a lurker for a few months reading the posts and enjoying the content. I am an amateur collector and have several EK2s, EK1s and was fortunate enough to fall into a deal for a RK. It is a K&Q cross and came in it's original case with original ribbon. It was in a collection of Luftwaffe medals that had been awarded to the recipient. Unfortunately, I do not have the award documentation. I have studied about it in "The Iron Cross or 1939" by Gordon Williamson and I have recently ordered "The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross" by our friend Dietrich. Unfortunately I can not post attachments yet to share pictures of it with you. If a member that can post pictures on this thread would like to do so, please contact me at hkusp40@midmaine.com and I will e-mail the pictures to you. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on this cross. Thanks. -Ger

Originally posted by hkusp40 View Post
    Folks,

I have been a lurker for a few months reading the posts and enjoying the content. I am an amateur collector and have several EK2s, EK1s and was fortunate enough to fall into a deal for a RK. It is a K&Q cross and came in it's original case with original ribbon. It was in a collection of Luftwaffe medals that had been awarded to the recipient. Unfortunately, I do not have the award documentation. I have studied about it in "The Iron Cross or 1939" by Gordon Williamson and I have recently ordered "The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross" by our friend Dietrich. Unfortunately I can not post attachments yet to share pictures of it with you. If a member that can post pictures on this thread would like to do so, please contact me at hkusp40@midmaine.com and I will e-mail the pictures to you. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on this cross. Thanks. -Ger
    E-mail sent.

Comment

Thanks Robert. I have sent the pictures to you. -Ger

Comment

Posting RK photos for Ger .

1)
        Attached Files

Comment

2)
          Attached Files

Comment

3)
            Attached Files

Comment

4)
              Attached Files

Comment

5)
                Attached Files

Comment

Last one....

Comment

All recent drama about flaws and Rhodium finishes aside...a fine original in the correct case IMHO ...I would be curious to know the award date for the recipient

Comment

Andy,

Unfortunately that will never be known. The only thing that I know for sure is that it was in with a collection of Luftwaffe awards and a cased EK1 (which I also snagged). The story goes that this grouping of medals were captured by a GI who returned with them in 1946. I can not confirm this, however I can confirm that these medals sat in a small plastic case in his attic until the time of his death last summer when his widow sold them. Believe me, I wish that I could lend more light on the history of this piece. I can say that the pictures are nice, but it is absolutely breathtaking to behold in person. Thanks for the comment/post. -Ger

Comment

Nice RK, original 100%

Comment

That's a really nice RK indeed

Comment

Ill trade your RK for an eastern front medal? please

Comment

I'll raise the stakes and trade two SA daggers, one Herder Heer dagger, four helmets, one SS breast eagle, three EK1's (2 cased) and 4 minty EK2's....

Bob.
                              I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X