X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK1 - beautiful beast ???

Hello ;-)
    Happy new year!
    It is not a Deschler & Sohn, München !!!
    So, what is your opinion?

KR

Stefan
    Attached Files

Very nice!

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Very nice cross. It's not a Deschler, that's right, but I have some problems to place this one.

Flatwire catch with a mounting plate under, type of pin and hinge, huuh? There's some mm84 over this one, eg swordhandles, but they don't have a plate under the catch.

Hopefully somebody else can place your cross to a maker.

Comment

Hello,

are you both sure????? I personally don´t believe in this badge. They copy them in exactly this way with and without swords.

It´s new - and it is dagerous.

Please, take a closer look, ok?

Kind Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
          Hello,

are you both sure????? I personally don´t believe in this badge. They copy them in exactly this way with and without swords.

Please, take a closer look, ok?

Kind Regards

Max_Porter
          Well, we've only got these pics to work with right now...

Has anybody else seen these as a "new fake"? Where have they started appearing Max? Shows, dealer sites, person to person...? I can't say I've seen them before. Which only means I haven't seen them.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

it is very nice, i like it!

Comment

IMO a postwar reproduction!

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
                Just because it's new it doen't mean that it's automatically dangerous. Think about all the (good) mint Deschlers that have appeared lately.

If it's fake, yes then it's dangerous in the sense that it would be first mint fake as far as I know.

The problem for me is that it doesn't fit with a to me known maker. I don't know every maker and the variants so I won't call it a fake straight away.
                On the other hand I'd never buy a similar one because of that.

Comment

Hello,

please have a look here for better and larger pictures:

http://forum.germantik.de/index.php?showtopic=10794

If this does´nt work:

@ 5tefan: Would you please post the same top pictures here you did on GermAntik. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Though mine didn't get nearly as much attention, the one I recently posted appears to be from the same maker, with same finish and detailing. The consensus was that mine was suspect- I've set up arrangements to return it to the dealer who sold it to me. Though the construction doesn't look shabby, the 'rails' highlighting the front edges of the cross really aren't that sharp and the stippled background isn't overly well defined either. It is "funny" that the only 2 of these I've ever seen were absolutely mint.

Check out my posting at:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=260919

Best,
                    Josh

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Josh, completely forgot about this one.

Must admit this is to me the last nail in the coffin. Although the catches are slightly different I believe we have the smoking gun and imo the conclusion is clear: FAKE

Both are stored in the hall of fake.

Comment

KVK´s

Hello,

both are dangerous new fakes. I would like to know the source of them. I saw the one with swords for the first time at the auction at Mili321. The seller came from Aachen in Germany, but he has deleted all the old auctions.

I personally think that "derafrikaheld" Carsten Staegemeir is in the house .....

We will see ....

Kind Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

That is quite scarey then, the frosting and details are very good and convincing.

Comment

Derafrikaheld....oh yeah, believe I've heard about him before

Went over to the Militaria321 to see if I could spot anymore but no luck. Only a couple of very tired zinc mm4's, two weirdo kvk's that my daughter could have made and the standard Floch

Comment

I'm getting real nervous about all these MINT KVKs hitting the market in recent weeks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X