No announcement yet.

New EK2 Fritz Zimmermann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Mine in posts #'s 37-39 on page 3 is also a very good example of when the core and frame dies were in optimum condition.

Robert

Comment

In answer to your question Douglas, the Cross on the right has a loose core while the other one does not.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dave :
        Another indication that the core was not intended or design/made for that frame ! As a set made by one maker it would fit almost if not even snug , like the one on the left . This being a good example as both have the same re-worked frame type !
        Mine actualy has a very lose core , a lot more than most of my Junckers even . Tempted to glue it in place so it does not slide around .
        The sliding core has rubbed against the inside beading , exposing lead on the edge surface that has turned to lead oxid - white lines . Gloves - even more reason not to touch with bare hands !
        Douglas

Comment

Here's my Zimmermann

Comment

Nice cross. It looks cleaned, IMO.

Here are two crosses, one to the left a marked '6' Zimmermann, the cross to the right, unmarked reworked Zimmermann frame and different core...

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
              Nice cross. It looks cleaned, IMO.

Robert
              Thanks. I bought it from a non-collector who probably cleaned the silver.

Comment

My heart is bleeding for the cleaned cross
                My zimmermann cross is also cleaned and looks almost exactly the same, the difference is some more patina remains in the inner corners.
                Attached Files

Comment

here's a resized picture
                  Attached Files

Comment

There are methods in which you can quickly add the patina back to your cross. One is to enclose your cross in a plastic bag with a scrambled egg. I believe it's the sulfur in the egg yoke that makes the elements in the frame ozidize, causing patina to start. It's worth a try to bring back the vintage look...

Robert
                    Attached Files

Comment

You know what Robert... I will try it. Some egg yolk probably won't damage the cross or the paint!?! so i just crush an egg in a plastic bag and place the cross on a dry area? and for how long?
                      sounds correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                        You know what Robert... I will try it. Some egg yolk probably won't damage the cross or the paint!?! so i just crush an egg in a plastic bag and place the cross on a dry area? and for how long?
                        sounds correct?
                        How long? ...Until you see patina. I read this on a thread on one of the forums, so it's not my idea. But, a little salt and pepper on the scrambled eggs, please. "mmm"

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X