New EK2 Fritz Zimmermann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New EK2 Fritz Zimmermann

Another nice one showed today. This was an estand pick up. It's marked on the ring 6 for Fritz Zimmermann of Stuttgart. This one is in good condition, with no real problems on the core and a nice patina to it. The mark is nice and clear too. How hard is this maker to find?
    Attached Files

The rear. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

Gorgeous EK!

How hard to find? Find another.

Robert

Comment

Here's mine, Steve, one...

Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Great Zimmermanns guys!! One of my favourite makers.

Here's mine, condition not as good as the two posted. There seems to be a slight problem with the swastika on mine, it's kind of mis-shapen, especially where the lower arm meets the centre - maybe a problem with the die? I have seen other examples showing somewhat similar characteristics... still, I believe it to be a genuine Zimmermann. (Please correct me if I am wrong!)

Regards - Danny

Comment

No doubt an original F. Zimmermann, Danny!

From the looks of the core and the frame, this must have been sometime near to the time the company sold their dies to another company who, in theory, reworked the dies for use in producing more crosses. The crosses I have seen with the reworked frames have no maker mark on the rings, explaining perhaps that another company other than Zimmermann bought and reworked the old dies. Douglas5 would love to see this worn example. He did some very interesting study with the newer frames and proved they were indeed the old F. Zimmermann's. The swastika, you can see the evidence of the die breakdown with the rounded inside corners where the arm(s) meets the inside, or middle. This is a very interesting piece, and I would love to own it!

Here is a photo of the reworked old F. Zimmermann frames (on the right). Original on left.
            I don't know about the core, whose it is..??? No maker marks on these...
            Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple more. # 1.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

# 1, reverse.
                Attached Files
                George

Comment

# 1, maker mark.
                  Attached Files
                  George

Comment

Second one.
                    Attached Files
                    George

Comment

Reverse.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Maker mark.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

George, those are both in wonderful condition. I see your 2nd cross has the same die wear to the swastika.

Robert

Comment

Notice also that the maker marks are stamped in opposite directions on the rings.
                            George

Comment

The 6 seems to have a period in front of it. Is this so you'll know it's a six and not a 9?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X