cross hatching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cross hatching

could some one show me a picture of cross hatching and maybe give me a short explination of what it is. thanks

Hello Michigan...
    Go to this link http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=rk+L%2F12

Look at the second picture, and whach where the coners meet the swastica. That coners form something like a #.... this is hatching. My englis is so poor but you could get a better explanation on Gordon's book...

Comment

Look at this picture of a EK2.(belong to me). As you can see I draw in red how lines should look if it were a cross hatching.
      Hope you could understan what i mean...
      Regards
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks

thanks, that explains what it is. how about how one uses it? is it only on kc's or is it on other forms of the iron cross? first calss second class? or just certain manufactures? thanks for the info.

Comment

Here's cross-hatching on an unmarked EK 2.
          Attached Files
          George

Comment

thanks for helping me understand

So the hatching is found on all of the iron crosses.
            But it does not have to be on a cross to be original.
            Is it for a certian maker? If not how do you use this infromation?

Comment

So far it is only found on the Junckers. It is speculated that the umarked EKII's with the cross-hatching are Junckers because it is the only attributable detail we have to go on.
              Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Michigan (where are you from? ),

I prefer to talk to a name, if you gave it somewhere else and I missed it I apologize, but if you didn't please do indulge me if you could.

Cross hatching is not found on all iron crosses, and the best use that I am aware of is on Juncker Knights Crosses. Irons Crosses of other grades have it from various makers, not just Juncker.

How do we use the information then? Well, personally when I see it is a good sign that the cross is original (though like any other feature it has to be taken in the context of the whole cross). Perhaps other members can elaborate?
                Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

It is speculated that the umarked EKII's are Junckers because there isn't any evidence to the contrary.
                  Were you kidding? For the record I disagree with your speculation, I have crosses with cross hatching that are by other makers (and marked so). I do not have access to them right now, not even the pictures, but I will post them tomorrow.
                  Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

I have an EK 2 marked "L/12" for Juncker and it does not have cross-hatching.
                    George

Comment

The feature of cross hatching on a RK existed only on Juncker RK’s. EKI and EKII with cross hatching are known to be made by several other makers.

I personally haven’t seen a Juncker EKI or EKII with cross hatching.

Pascal

Comment

Here is cross-hatching on an EK 1 not made by Juncker.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

OK lets get down to it. Who are the other makers that have cross-hatching? I have an unmarked EKII w/ cross-hatching but I haven't seen any other marked EK with cross-hatching. The only EK I have seen with cross-hatching was a Juncker and I have seen Junckers without it as well.

So the only cross-hatching on an RK indicates a Juncker? Am I correct? An EKI or II with cross-hatching could be any number of makers?

Any marked EK's other than Junckers w/cross-hatching out there?:flak_helm
                          Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

I'm in the process right now of buying a distinctly 'cross-hatched' unmarked EKII. It also has the 'hump' on the frame to which the smaller ring is soldered. I'm aware that a few of the EKII's have this 'hump' (1,2,3,4,7,40,100,122,140 and all cooresponding LDO 'L' EKII's). The core to this cross-hatched cross is non-magnetic, a varient. With the cross-hatching alone there is reason to believe that this cross may not be an unmarked Juncker, due to others having this same trait. But with the cross-hatching, the 'hump' and the same swastika shape and height, I think it could be a Juncker varient. Any thoughts on this?

George, your cross-hatched EK does not have the typical Juncker swastika. It looks more like a Paul Meybauer with the heavy beveled sides.

Robert
                            Last edited by robert pierce; 12-06-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Hellooooo

Hello Michigan......why the reluctance (seemingly) to give some identity.....here we are a family of collectors, and not the providers of a service.

Regards
                              Chris

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X