Little Family, Pt. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Family, Pt. 2

After admiring Ace's 'Little Family' with it's RK, I wanted to show off my 'partial family tree'. I need to round out, or finish my family tree with an RK, hopefully a K&Q...

Robert
    Attached Files

very nice robert,
    would you not prefer a zimmermann rk ?
    regards chay

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek View Post
      very nice robert,
      would you not prefer a zimmermann rk ?
      regards chay
      Chay,

I honestly don't know enough about RK's to say for sure. I've just received Dietrich's book and am about to look one up right now. I've seen many examples of the K&Q, their bold Teutonic swastika, and like it very much. I'll take a look....

Robert

Comment

Chay,

I've just now looked at the C.F. Zimmermann RK in Dietrich's book, and am not surprised in seeing many of the same features found on their EK's - the inside 'pointed' beading adjacent the swastika, the lean lines of the swastika itself and the well-defined dates. It's a beautiful example, really nice! I can't honestly say I have ever seen one before now.

Robert

Comment

Thats a nice family you got there

Comment

Hi

A family I love them, congratulations.

Regards

Phil

Comment

Thanks all. It's a little off-balance without an RK. Chay has me thinking along the lines of a Zimmermann RK now. Dietrich's book really shows the Zimmermann's in great detail. I tell you, that book is a fantastic reference book, one of the best I have ever owned. Everyone should buy one. For the cost of a mint EKII the book can be yours. I'm not trying to 'plug' the book, no, just to share my total pleasure having it in my library now.

Robert

Comment

Nice collection. All Zimmerman's? Did they make a screwback? You may need one of those too.

Comment

Robert,

That's a nice little family you got there. Let me know if I can "adopt" any of them.

Comment

Very nice Robert , ... a RK would be nice in there .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                      Nice collection. All Zimmerman's? Did they make a screwback? You may need one of those too.
                      Just the DK's, Steve. The EKI is a W&L, EKII a '113', and the Spange is an unmarked Juncker 1st pattern. How I wish I could find a nice RK for under $5K!!

A screwback Zimmermann EKI? I don't know right off hand. And I don't see one referenced in Gordon Williamson's book on the EK. Maybe there's an example in another collector's 'hold.'

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X