Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paratrooper View Post
    Hi Steve!

Only because of the "Juncker Myth". In reality Juncker crosses are not something really special. The quality is good but not as high as the quality from crosses by Zimermann/Godet or Deschler & Sohn for example. Juncker pieces are much more easyer to find than many other makers pieces.

The asking price on the marked has nearly nothing to do with rarity or quality and i think this is a well known fact. It's only a question of fairy tales told for making more money with the maximum profit rate.

One could discus a lot of time about that illogical that circumstances but nothing will change. In the end i'm happy that the much more rarer and nicer Deschler crosses are cheaper than the Juncker crosses.

Regards
    Andreas
    I couldn't agree with you more, Andreas. I would rather have L/50's, L/59's, L/10's, L/52's, etc... than all the L/12's that you could throw at me. At the present I have (4) Juncker EKII's and (1) EKI, and they're all unmarked. I'd rather have them unmarked so that there is no controversy over the mark. I look at the distinguishing features to determine whether I own a true Juncker, not the mark like most people do, and abandoning the features. L/12's are everywhere, but how many are true Junckers? Don't get me started on Junckers again. Everyone is tired of discussing them - so why buy them?!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
      I couldn't agree with you more, Andreas. I would rather have L/50's, L/59's, L/10's, L/52's, etc... than all the L/12's that you could throw at me. At the present I have (4) Juncker EKII's and (1) EKI, and they're all unmarked. I'd rather have them unmarked so that there is no controversy over the mark. I look at the distinguishing features to determine whether I own a true Juncker, not the mark like most people do, and abandoning the features. L/12's are everywhere, but how many are true Junckers? Don't get me started on Junckers again. Everyone is tired of discussing them - so why buy them?!

Robert
      I've had my say on the highly illogical Junker prices more than once. I was offered a Junker one time and the price was over $650 or more. The funny thing is I had just picked up an L/50 Godet from the same seller for about $230! How is Junker diffrent than Godet? They have both been around about the same time. I want a Junker, yes, but I'd sooner spend the money on either 3 good EK1s from othet makers or sprurge on an Imperial cross that really is rare and well made.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
        I've had my say on the highly illogical Junker prices more than once. I was offered a Junker one time and the price was over $650 or more. The funny thing is I had just picked up an L/50 Godet from the same seller for about $230! How is Junker diffrent than Godet? They have both been around about the same time. I want a Junker, yes, but I'd sooner spend the money on either 3 good EK1s from othet makers or sprurge on an Imperial cross that really is rare and well made.
        Yes, and IMO a Godet surpasses a Juncker cross in craftsmanship and eye appeal. Godet's and Zimmermann's are in a class of their own, truly beautiful crosses. I don't see the gain in craftsmanship with the gain in dollar with the Juncker. My goal is to own a beautiful L/50 Godet.

Robert

Comment

Well it may not be mint, but I still think it's beautiful. My L/50 Godet.
          Attached Files

Comment

The rear, and I could still afford to eat that week!
            Attached Files

Comment

A wonderful piece Steve,

The bent pin, very well-sewn loops, eh? Look at thge multiple beads per arm; that's what I like about the Godet's and Zimmermann's, and the high profile pf the date and swastika. Here's a Zimmermann I really like...

Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice Zimmerman. I guess they are the same as Godets.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                    Nice Zimmerman. I guess they are the same as Godets.
                    Steve,

The pins are slightly different, and the hinge barrel on the Zimmermann is 'striped' while the hunge barrel on the Godet is smooth like the early Deumer.

Robert

Comment

Hi!

Sorry but i must disagree with you Robert.
                      Godet and Zimmermann crosses are absolutelly the same product.
                      I know that one can find several postings in those were showed alleged differences. This differences are only in the normal range of tollerances.
                      One can see the same differences beetween 20s and 20s like between 20 and L/50.
                      For example the alleged soldering differences of the catch showed from Rainer one can find on Zimmeramanns and Godets. Also the showed differences of the position of the hinge and the form of the needles point one could see on both makers EKs (Zimmermann and Godet)
                      Only Deumer pins, hinge and catch are really different.
                      Today i don't have the time. Tomorrow i will show you a study about all three makers the differences and the tollerances.

Regards
                      Andreas
                      Last edited by Paratrooper; 12-01-2007, 10:58 AM. Reason: correcting

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                        A very nice find, Steve! You've broken the record I believe finding a 1st and 2nd class Deschler in the same week!

Robert
                        Hi Robert,

I did break Steve's record I think

2 Pinback "1"
                        a pinback L/10
                        A screwback L/10
                        2 ek2 mm 1
                        All within 2 weeks time ...

and 3 Deschler round 3 ek1, and 2 ek2 within 5 months, not bad either I think....

So they are out there, but you'll have to be at the right place at the right time.

Very nice cross Steve.
                        I haven't seen much Deschlers with this type of pin so far, very nice!!

Best regards,
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper View Post
                          Hi!

Sorry but i must disagree with you Robert.
                          Godet and Zimmeramnn crosses are absolutelly the same product.
                          I know that one can foind several posts in those were showed alleged differences. This differences are only in the normal range of tollerances.
                          One can see the same differences beetween 20s and 20s like between 20 and L/50.
                          For example the alleged soldering differences of the catch showed from Rainer one can find on Zimmeramanns and Godets. Also the showed differences of the position of the hinge and the form of te needles point one could see on both makers EKs (Zimmermann and FGodet)
                          Only Deumer pins, hinge and catch are really different.
                          Today i don't have the time. Tomorrow i will show you a study about all three makers the differences and the tollerances.

Regards
                          Andreas
                          No, you're exactly right, Andreas. My mind can't keep up with my computer data. Getting over 56 is hard....Here's DEUMER's smooth barrel hinge, not Godet's! Forgive me.

Ben, you won the Lotto!

Robert
                          Attached Files

Comment

And Godet's...

The underside of the Deumer is different than the Godet and Zimm, more radius. The other two are square-cornered. They're nearly exactly the same, if not THE same, as you say.

Robert
                            Attached Files

Comment

Deumer's radius under side....

Robert
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                                Hi Robert,

I did break Steve's record I think

2 Pinback "1"
                                a pinback L/10
                                A screwback L/10
                                2 ek2 mm 1
                                All within 2 weeks time ...

and 3 Deschler round 3 ek1, and 2 ek2 within 5 months, not bad either I think....

So they are out there, but you'll have to be at the right place at the right time.

Very nice cross Steve.
                                I haven't seen much Deschlers with this type of pin so far, very nice!!

Best regards,
                                Ben
                                Geez, now I don't feel like I've overdone it. Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X