1939 Spange EK1 1914, L/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 Spange EK1 1914, L/11

I found a local guy that has some bring backs from his father a WW2 vet and he has offered to sell some of his dublicates to me. He has a beautiful Deumer Spange with ribbon and I would like to offer him a fair price for it. What would you call fair?

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    I found a local guy that has some bring backs from his father a WW2 vet and he has offered to sell some of his dublicates to me. He has a beautiful Deumer Spange with ribbon and I would like to offer him a fair price for it. What would you call fair?
    A good fair price would be around $225.00

Robert

Comment

He has a beautiful Deumer Spange with ribbon
      are you sure this isn't an EK2spange?
      regards
      jon

Comment

Yes, I presumed he meant 1939 EKII bar on 1914 EKII ribbon.??? like.....

Robert
        Attached Files
        Last edited by robert pierce; 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

maybe I'm tight(I am), but I'd offer 100, and if I reeeeeeeeeally wanted it: 130.
          (reality=I'd bluff him for 50)

regards
          jon

Comment

Jon may have a point, and something also which I failed to mention - condition. Condition is everything. You said 'beautiful Deumer spange'. If it was a ragged piece of cloth ribbon with a worn spange on it, sure, I would offer much less. You have to be the judge condition-wise. In all reality my 'fair' price was inbetween retail and wholesale for a 'beautiful' piece. Bent pins and broken catches cut overall costs drastically. On the other hand, cased awards in beautiful condition are worth much more, obviously. Good luck dealing with them. A package deal is the most economical way to buy.

Robert

Comment

It's minty.... he check with a few local guys and they pissed him off by offering low prices. I don't want to do that.... and I figure if I treat him right he'll come to me when he's ready to sell the good stuff... thanks guys.

Looks just like the one in post #4.

Comment

It's minty.... he check with a few local guys and they pissed him off by offering low prices. I don't want to do that.... and I figure if I treat him right he'll come to me when he's ready to sell the good stuff... thanks guys.

Looks just like the one in post #4.
                Then threat him fairly. These old vets get one shot at making some honest money off of their bringbacks, and they deserve to be treated fairly. I don't like it when someone tries to rip me off either. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the bold and arrogant bargain hunters. They got no more conscience than a snake's got hips. It's all to their gain if they get away with it, and no thought for the vet.

Robert

Comment

actually snakes DO have remnants of hips don't they? from when they had legs...
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
                    actually snakes DO have remnants of hips don't they? from when they had legs...
                    regards
                    jon
                    ...and arms, and could speak, very subtle. These shrewd bargain-hunters are descendants (seed) of this serpant. jon, I had no idea you were so knowledgeable on biblical history.

Robert

Comment

I know everything...
                      they were lizards before they were snakes

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
                        I know everything...
                        they were lizards before they were snakes
                        Attached Files

Comment

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...nake_hips.html

Comment

jon, your link may be 'forbidden fruit'. I got a virus warning when I opened it.

And, don't believe that scientific crap about snakes still having evidence of hip joints. Every bone in their bodies were reconstructed, without hip bones. Just ask one. No, not a scientist, a snake. They never lie!

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X