eBay '39 EKII- Amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay '39 EKII- Amazing

I've have been amazed lately with prices on ePoop. Incredible. Right now this 39' EK2 is at around $150. I bet it'll close around $160-200. Unreal. I've also watched common Army sabers, in bad shape bringing in $500-600. Crumby daggers the same. What are some people thinking?

That ribbon is definitely a replacement. The seller doesnt guarantee the cross either. I checked. The photos do not provide enough to make a thorough conclusion IMHO.

Even with a depressing economy in the US, folks are still dishing out quite a bit of $$ for TR related items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=001

T

Originally posted by SwordFish View Post
    I've have been amazed lately with prices on ePoop. Incredible. Right now this 39' EK2 is at around $150. I bet it'll close around $160-200. Unreal. I've also watched common Army sabers, in bad shape bringing in $500-600. Crumby daggers the same. What are some people thinking?

That ribbon is definitely a replacement. The seller doesnt guarantee the cross either. I checked. The photos do not provide enough to make a thorough conclusion IMHO.

Even with a depressing economy in the US, folks are still dishing out quite a bit of $$ for TR related items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=001

T

The problem is that - like myself when I started - many people don't really know the necessary things to know about collecting when you first start getting into it. When I first started - I knew that there were militaria sites..but I had no idea that there were so many (and could have very easily ended up on one of the bad places that sells nothing but drek.) I knew about ebay, and to me - Ebay seemed like a really good place for militaria because you are getting it from another person who is selling it personally - the human mind tends to think 'Oh, this person probably had it in their family' or something like that. At least - that is what I'm *guessing* as to why a lot of people go to ebay for this stuff.

I could spot the REALLY obvious fakes. The hundreds of various Nazi rings that were all coming from Latvia - because they were supposedly rare, and yet the same ones would be for sale over and over.

But I didn't know what kind of medals and badges there were in the Reich. I knew a lot about the Reich - just not all the awards, the detail, and so forth. I didn't know there was expertise forums such as this. I think collecting is a really foreign and scary field for anyone when they initially start getting into it if they have no experience. I never really started collecting from Ebay - which is good - and by the time I first started buying from dealer sites I had found out about this place, which luckly saved me about $300+

These days I am much more cautious and critical. I don't think those people we see buying the really bad stuff at Ebay or wherever really realize how much of a market there is for fake militaria, and assume that people would be more likely to spend their time on making counterfeit leather goods, furs, and the latest technology. I certainly didn't realize at first the lengths that the scammers will go to ..just to *age* a fake piece
    -Jen

Comment

the cross is a souval, the ribbon might be good, but the price is very high IMO...

regards,
      ben

Comment

Hello all,

I agree the the frame is Souval production but the ribbon is certainly a reproduction......

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I think prices are going up everywhere. I used to think Detlev was cheap! even the estand has rocketed
          regards
          jon

Comment

All of the prices on eBay aren't out of sight. I've bought several Imperial
            EK2's for $40-$50 in the last few months.
            I used to sell on eBay quite a bit (non-military items) and the prices are definitely cyclical. Right now, and through spring, prices will seem high. When the nice days of spring/summer hit, the prices fall like a rock. People are outdoors again and too busy to mess with eBay. Cold weather and early darkness, which is now upon us, drive people indoors and back on their computers. Christmas shoppers add to the increase in prices. Buy on eBay in summer and save. Ammersee

Comment

I was VERY interested in this mm24, even with the corrosion and split frame, until it reached 150 dollars. I know the 24s are more valuable than most EK2s because of the additional markings but still... 218 dollars at closing for a relic condition? Huh? Anyway, what we are discussing here is an auction where two or three people with no money worries are bidding against each other and the prices goes sky high. I know that I've paid more than I could ever get back for certain items because I HAD TO HAVE THE F#*KING THING. Its called obsession and there ain't no cure...
              Attached Files

Comment

I've been a KVK collector and have noticed that some of these have been going for as much as $75 on ebay. I only wish I could sell some of mine for that, it seems when I did list a couple, I'd only get around $20 for them. Its crazy.
                Sincerely Andy B.
                Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

I guess there are people out there that are smart enough to ignore agenda driven news and talking points about the US economy and buy accordingly because they are doing fine.

These items have no intrenisc value, so eBay reflects what at least two people think it's worth.
                  Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Well, mint EK2's and I mean MINT .. can get up into the 150-160 range, what kills me is what people are selling or buying "Cased LDO EK2's" for now.

I've seen them offered for anywhere from $700-$900. This is absolutley nuts. Even if it was a mint EK2 in the case, the price for the case itself is near $650-$700. I just don't get it A cardboard case !!!

Comment

I just sold a crispy L/11 EK2 for $160....going by what that pile sold for ebastard, I should've gotten double!

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                        Well, mint EK2's and I mean MINT .. can get up into the 150-160 range, what kills me is what people are selling or buying "Cased LDO EK2's" for now.

I've seen them offered for anywhere from $700-$900. This is absolutley nuts. Even if it was a mint EK2 in the case, the price for the case itself is near $650-$700. I just don't get it A cardboard case !!!
                        I was pretty sure that i'm alone who thinks that paying $650 for cardboard case is crazy.. same thing with cased KVK2.. I would never spend these money for case.. for another nice awards yes..but not for case..

Comment

IMO, a nice Souval. One would have to see the die flaws to determine whether period or not.

I don't know the %, but many unknowing souls have paid thousands and thousands of dollars on eBay junk, thinking they are getting original pieces, when in reality what they have spent hard-earned cash on is garbage. I could name eBay user names, but I'm sure by now most of us here, if we have been collecting for long, know who the deceiving shysters on eBay are. To me, they are rats who feed their polluted wares to the innocent and unknowing crowds, all the time gaining positive feedbacks because of fast delivery time. When these same unknowing folks find this site, and post their pieces, they soon realize what they paid big bucks for are fakes. The common course for most is to resell these pieces on eBay to get their money back, making eBay a big 'dump site'. It's a continuous circle. I know there are people who own huge collections of eBay fakes, and refuse to believe what they have are fakes. I literally took a man to his own computer and showed him his pieces on a reproduction site. He asked me to leave his house. Rather than confront his 'friend' who sold him his badges, he would rather remain in his fantasy world. It's really sad. Manions was sued for selling fakes many years ago. Ebay needs a thorough house-cleaning too, but it will never happen. Shopping on eBay is like digging through a garbage can, looking for one good bite to eat. I've actually found good Juncker qual. badges on eBay, but they show up very seldom anymore.

As a whole most European flea market/street shoppers sell their EKII's, both 1914 and 1939 on US and German eBays because they know they can get their better prices met there. It's economics, folks. And, it's a free world.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                            ........I don't know the %, but many unknowing souls have paid thousands and thousands of dollars on eBay junk, thinking they are getting original pieces, when in reality what they have spent hard-earned cash on is garbage......
                            Robert
                            How true that is. On another forum, a guy started posting what he considered original and rare pieces. Item after item were deemed (by the knowlegeable folks) as fake after fake. He started getting quite defensive and abusive towards some of the members. He stated he's been collecting longer than the members have been alive .. blah blah blah.

It's sad when people one day will find out the true value of their collections. But like you say Robert, the cycle is endless .... someone always out there to take the hit and buy a bad item.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                              How true that is. On another forum, a guy started posting what he considered original and rare pieces. Item after item were deemed (by the knowlegeable folks) as fake after fake. He started getting quite defensive and abusive towards some of the members. He stated he's been collecting longer than the members have been alive .. blah blah blah.

It's sad when people one day will find out the true value of their collections. But like you say Robert, the cycle is endless .... someone always out there to take the hit and buy a bad item.
                              Yes, destroying our credibility to establish his own, a very common practice. A red flag!

R

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X