Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked magnetic Juncker KC that flew in

Hi guys

Today Fedex finally delivered me my latest addition to my collection after being gone for more than 8 days. You can imagine how I felt when I opened the package the first time and nothing was in it,except the COA.
    My first thought was that I had been scammed, but I thought wrong as the seller immediately contacted me and Fedex of course to find out what happened. The seller had handed the wrapped KC, the COA to the Fedex employee as he told the seller he would seal it properly. But what happened he did not.
    The seller took full responsibility and refunded my money as he should have sealed it himself.
    After being gone for more than 8 days it was located in Paris in the lost items section of the Fedex facility and today it finally arrived.

It is an Unmarked magnetic Juncker KC with a typical vaulted core with an unmarked loop and a nice modified ribbon with buttons.
    The COA states it is attributed to Oberleutenant Werner Paulus who received the KC as a Company leader in the 9/Inf.regt.45 at 23.11.1941 but I have no solid provenance.

I hope you like it as it is a rather rare Juncker KC.

Thanks
    kevin
    Attached Files

Attached Files
    Last edited by Kevin V.; 11-05-2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I believe this Unmarked magnetic Juncker KC is much rarer than the neusilber ones with non magnetic core. The unmarked ones are the earliest KC's in the Juncker line as there is very little flawing on these pieces.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Lovely cross Kevin!
            Congrats!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin V. View Post
              I believe this Unmarked magnetic Juncker KC is much rarer than the neusilber ones with non magnetic core. The unmarked ones are the earliest KC's in the Juncker line as there is very little flawing on these pieces.

They are much rarer than the first series which was the unmarked/unmagnetic. This model was most likely a short run transition model - the next one was the '800'.

What I do not get is that this type, awarded and full of history, will never cause the same "Hurra" as a dead, unissued, untouched Lazy 2. I just don't get it.

Very nice and very rare piece!

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                They are much rarer than the first series which was the unmarked/unmagnetic. This model was most likely a short run transition model - the next one was the '800'.

What I do not get is that this type, awarded and full of history, will never cause the same "Hurra" as a dead, unissued, untouched Lazy 2. I just don't get it.

Very nice and very rare piece!

Dietrich
                Thanks Dietrich for the reply. You can imagine how I feel.
                I am sure they will cause the same "Hurra" when they read your piece of art.
                These are very rare. I believe our good friend Pieter Verbruggen once stated "unmarked magnetic virtual impossible to find".

Thanks
                Kevin

Comment

Nice Cross Kevin...I'm glad all worked out!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
                    Nice Cross Kevin...I'm glad all worked out!
                    I am very glad the KC wasn't gone forever. A special thanks to the previous owner and of course the member here who assisted me in getting this rare piece.

Thanks
                    Kevin

Comment

Very nice cross!

Comment

Nice Wolchow cross!
                        Petrus

Comment

Thanks Ludwig en Petrus.

Comment

...very nice cross indeed.
                            Is the frame silver or nikkel. IMO the early nikkel frame ones were not silver plated but plane nikkel. The ones that looks as beiing silver, well I'm not sure they aren't plain silver frames without the silver mark.
                            I know Dietrich doesn't pay much attention to jump rings but to me the rarest one is still the plane nikkel framed zink core Juncker with the plated copper jump ring....probably the earliest production series.
                            Pieter.
                            SUUM CUIQUE ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
                              I know Dietrich doesn't pay much attention to jump rings but to me the rarest one is still the plane nikkel framed zink core Juncker with the plated copper jump ring....probably the earliest production series.

I do pay attention to jump rings but I do not fall for the easy traps of judging cross variants because of rings attached. I know somebody who would declare a new variant because of that . But in general it is true - I did not study the loops to the extend of the crosses itself!

But I agree, the early Neusilber (or Nickelsilber) frame crosses with non-iron cores (Zink) and unmarked loops are IMHO (and also by provenance)the very first awarded crosses.

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X