EK1 Opinions aprecciated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Opinions aprecciated...

Howdy - Can I get some opinions on this EK1 here please.
    Many thanks for your time, Gentlemen!
    KR
    Rainer
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

needle and hinge
      Attached Files

Comment

catch
        Attached Files

Comment

reverse from the side
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rainer,

I would say it looks like an early Deumer with a possible repaint. This pin setup is on the L/19, Zimmermann and Godet, as well as the early Deumer. This is only my guess, as the beading to the frame looks like early Deumer also.

No, now I'm not thinking early Deumer after seeing all the photos...I just don't know on this one...maybe not good.

Robert

Comment

I'm with Robert; looks original, but somebody must put some black house paint on it with a wide brush....

best
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Rainer,

I'm thinking original too, but the catch is an odd creature. The frame does look Deumer for sure. But remember, Deumers had the arched section under the pin, not square-cut like this one of yours. Here's the early style Deumer pin...

This one has me searching...

Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                  I think the cross is orginial but it has definitely had a bad repaint. The only thing that looks a bit strange is the catch.

Regards,
                  Stephen

Comment

I agree that the coating of paint does not look original.

Chris

Comment

The L/19 has the arch under the pin as does the Deumer. The Zimmermann and Godet have the square-cut under the pin like this, but this cross doesn't come close to the characterists of either of those. Rainer, where do you find these crosses? You're making my head hurt this early morning.

Maybe someone else has some clues for you...

Robert

Comment

Company secret where I find these, Robert, but it'll often be a gamble! - I TRY to find the odd creatures, in fact, most of what I buy are unmarked badges that are a challenge over and over again - It's fun!
                        Back to the cross though - too bad bout the looks of the paint, but there's another picture that I'm saving for now as I wanted to get some Opinions in first to see where this is going....
                        Last edited by R. Schmitt; 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Would the Godet Brothers be a possible match?
                          (I know what a standard Godet Hardware looks like, but are there, like with the Deumers for example, variations possible - maybe an early catch?). Just brainstorming... any Opinions aprecciated!

Comment

Personally I think it's not a Deumer as the date numerals look too fat to be Deumer.

For what it's worth (and I know here not much) I think the whole piece is repro.

Rich
                            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                            Decorations of Germany

Comment

Yeah, the pin looks really strong like the Zimmermann's, but the hinge doesn't have the all familiar striations on it like the Zimms and Godets had. This was a pieced-together cross, IMO, as it just doesn't fit totally into any of the maker's 'textbook' categories. I think it is original because the frame looks Deumer.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X