Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more crosses...

Hi all,

This week the postman has been by with some gifts....

1. Textbook unmarked SB, in Gordon Williamson's book on the 1939 EK,
    2. W&L EKII,
    3. Cased '4' S&L EKI pinback,
    4. Packeted '6' F. Zimmermann EKII w/tissue, ribbon,
    5. '113' EKII.

Robert
    Attached Files

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
    Hi all,

This week the postman has been by with some gifts....

1. Textbook unmarked SB, in Gordon Williamson's book on the 1939 EK,
    2. W&L EKII,
    3. Cased '4' S&L EKI pinback,
    4. Packeted '6' F. Zimmermann EKII w/tissue, ribbon,
    5. '113' EKII.

Robert
    Beautiful!.....I hate you....

Bob.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

I know. I get the same feeling when I see someone score a nice M36 on the uniforms forum before I can get to it. These all came from a close friend in Danmark. He started with one, and before I knew it he had all of my money!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
        I know. I get the same feeling when I see someone score a nice M36 on the uniforms forum before I can get to it. These all came from a close friend in Danmark. He started with one, and before I knew it he had all of my money!

Robert
        That's how it is with this ek addiction!

Comment

Robert. A nice salty EK1

It doesn't go well with your minty guys

Nice ones .....

Comment

Geeez.. Gorgeous :-)

Comment

Pure dedication to the EK Robert!
              I particulary like the 113
              Ant.

Comment

Thanks you guys,

The more EK's I have the more research work I get to plunge into. I really enjoy studying/discovering the various companies who interchanged parts to keep each other afloat. Linking one company to another is exciting. I'm doing some research right now with Beck, Hassinger & Co. ('123') and Eugen Gauss ('125') which will prove very interesting. The linking of S&L and W&L with Juncker has been very interesting as well, Douglas5 and LuckyLuudje working very hard, sacrificing much of their time in the study. This is what collecting EK's has become with me, not just amassing crosses, no, but the researching end of it. Maybe it's just me finally coming up to where all of you have been for so many years yourselves. I still collect to have as many different makers as I can possibly find to 'complete' my collection, if that's even possible. But, with the collecting, I'm finding variants which are opening up doors to more research. It's a fascinating hobby which I really enjoy...with all of you.

Robert

Robert

Comment

I have so much respect for men like you Robert, Douglas and LuckyLuudje. It is people like you that go through countless hours of research just to make the hobby more enjoyable for everyone. Thank you all and continue the great work.

Regards,
                  Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by zambrotta11 View Post
                    I have so much respect for men like you Robert, Douglas and LuckyLuudje. It is people like you that go through countless hours of research just to make the hobby more enjoyable for everyone. Thank you all and continue the great work.

Regards,
                    Stephen
                    Thank you. We're all one team, no big 'I's or little 'You's', all working together to come to a better understanding of these crosses and their makers. For one, I like the challenge of the study. I also enjoy the friendships that have grown from the study. If I can put it in the words of one of my friends I communicate with quite frequently, "I'd rather have (50) EK's, and really know what I have, than to have (250) and know nothing but their number." I've been amazed at my collection of '65' K&Q EK's. I have found (4) different cores so far in the (9) EKII's and (6) EKI's that I own. The more I collect of every maker, the more varaints I run across. And think of all the EK's that never have been given a maker, all the pieces that come and go on the forum which no one can identify. How many makers were there?! It's something! The EK WAS, and is, their heritage.

Robert

Comment

I'm loving that Zimmerman 2d class...feel free to post a couple of bigger pics.

best
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                        I'm loving that Zimmerman 2d class...feel free to post a couple of bigger pics.

best
                        Hank
                        You bet Hank

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=248722

Robert

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Thank you.

Robert
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice haul Robert!!!!

Regards,
                              Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X