Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRASS EK1, real or not???

Hi Guys,

Could anyone tell me what I have here??? I`m absolutely no expert on EK1`s, especially not any variants. Is it true that certain manufacturers made brass based EK1`s for the Kriegsmarine, and if they did, were any of one piece construction like the one pictured?
    Or am I in possesion of a really bad fake? To me, this looks like a really poor attempt at a fake!!!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dion
    Attached Files

The back
    Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, a really bad fake. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by ekhunter View Post
        Unfortunately, a really bad fake. Sorry!
        Are you sure?

Comment

Unless it was a field made EK1, but if you dont have any proof from a vet... not looking good...
          Van

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
            Are you sure?
            I would say that the hinge, pin, and clasp are all distinctly contemporarily Polish!

Comment

It could be something made for a badass biker or maybe some metalsmith just messing around; its yet another item that can't reveal its story. Whatever it is, I've never seen one before so it may be a one of a kind and not mass produced. What I find interesting is that you are in South Africa; is that where you found it? Lets see what others say before posting it in the fakes gallery but it don't look good...

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                Are you sure?
                What else could it be?

Comment

100% junk!

Comment

HI EKhunter,

You definately know your stuff mate! This badge is coming from Poland!! It was offered to me as a KM version of the EK1?

I think this is rather a question of being fake, albeit that sometimes these were manufactured on board of vessels with crude tools and materials!
                    But i also get a really bad feeling about this one gents.....

Thanks guys, for the comments.

Dion

Comment

Okay, its agreed, FAKE.

Dion, could you post it in the fakes section; if you don't want to I can do it for you. I feel very strongly about posting all fakes; to a seasoned collector its obviously bogus but a novice might need to see for themself. I think that WA could be the premier website for information on german awards and its up to all of us to make all the information available to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                        Okay, its agreed, FAKE.

Dion, could you post it in the fakes section; if you don't want to I can do it for you. I feel very strongly about posting all fakes; to a seasoned collector its obviously bogus but a novice might need to see for themself. I think that WA could be the premier website for information on german awards and its up to all of us to make all the information available to everyone.
                        For many, the only way to know the junk, is to show the junk!

Comment

Yeah, i figured given the back-but the old adage-in the "old days" (i.e. 15 years ago) was that there were no fake brass EKs because many/most collectors thought they were fake to begin with!
                          There are some odd brass made ones though and they have provenance.Most seem to have come from occupied france.
                          Sadly, I missed a beautiful brass EK1 at a Utah gun fair in 1994 for only $45-because i couldn't call Gordon on the phone to ask him about it.

Comment

Hello,

I don't like this one at all!

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I doubt anyone in the 'Field' would have a cutter for a tool die and stamping machine.

Even if they did on the largest KM ships that size of ship would of carried a store of medals up to the RK no need to field make them.

Really one of the worst fakes I have seen but I bet it would sell on Snyders treasure for 1500$

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X