Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relic Iron Cross Class 2 Found In Stalingrad, Marked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relic Iron Cross Class 2 Found In Stalingrad, Marked!

I'm interested in bidding on this.

http://www.translate2russian.com/Pics/1410/ic_all.jpg

Any comments, suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated.
    For me it looks genuine but I leave my bidding to your expertise.

thanks

Reuben

It could be an original Klein & Quenzer, but in this condition it's very hard to say anything.

Regards

Grueni
    Regards
    Daniel

Search:
    !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
    Otto Schickle
    All early 57er pieces

Comment

How can you / they prove this?

"Relic Iron Cross Class 2 Found In Stalingrad"

Comment

Hi Reuben, that same cross is for sale on Ebay USA, might be cheaper to get from there:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI:IT&ih=004

Rusty relics aren't that hard to come by. If you're gonna collect these always ask the seller if the frames have split apart; oftern the rust expands the core and splits the frames apart. Some people like that, some don't care and some, like me, would rather have a solid relic thats not split. Get a side view if you can. I wouldn't pay more than 50 USD but mmaybe you have more $ than me.....

Comment

Oh yeah, as far as "from Stalingrad" who the f*#k knows except the seller. I first and foremost collect relics for the way they look and not where they come from unless I dug them up myself or saw it unearthed...

Comment

Stalingrad = Ching Ching. (Money!!! Whoo-hoo!) Just about everyone has an inkling of what the term Stalingrad means, even those who otherwise know squat about military history. What better hook to dangle out there for the unwary?

Comment

Agreed with Ausgang. History can be forged when some interest is involved.

Comment

Buy the item never the story.

I would pass on any item when I see "Stalingrad" in the description.

That is if I ever buy anything again which I doupt I ever will.

Comment

Guys I think I have to agree with you. This is why I registered with this site.
                  Thanks for your feedback.

I have cancelled my bid on this.

Comment

Gee Reuben, I hope you don't have any regrets about not getting ripped off for 165 USD!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI:IT&ih=004

Isn't that price about what a MINT one woud go for????????

Helloooooooo?
                    Last edited by AUSGANG; 10-22-2007, 01:13 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Not at all my friend. I watched that item all night (I was bidding on another item - an EK2 WW1 authentic marked SW - got it for USD 50.00)

Well, if it was really authentic then for me USD 165 is a good price for me, but as other members said ..... who knows if this was really from Stalingrad??

I cant risk $165 dollars on such an item when I am not sure if this is a fake or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X