26 Marked E.K. I. Klasse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 Marked E.K. I. Klasse

I just acquired this 26 marked E.K. I that belonged to a fighter pilot who flew with Jagdgeschwader 11. This is the first 26 marked E.K. I that I have acquired in my 34 years of collecting. Is this a more rare maker? I'd like to hear everyone's comments about 26 marked E.K. I's. Thanks in advance!

Barry
    Attached Files

Photo 2
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think they are particularly rare for an EK1. I've seen a few for sale. They probably aren't the most common, and of course, are nice crosses. If you can connect this one to an individual it makes it even better.

Comment

Steve, thanks for your comment. I am posting an image of all of the awards just as they were acquired from the family of the pilot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is my EK1 "26", hope you don't mind me posting.. It is slightly vaulted:

Comment

Reverse:

Comment

Thanks for posting your cased 26 EK I. It's a really nice example! Impressive!

Comment

That looks like a great grouping. Any documents to go with it, photos etc?

Comment

Steve, yes, I also have all four award documents. I will post them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormfighter View Post
                    Steve, yes, I also have all four award documents. I will post them soon.
                    Very nice indeed. Looks like a great direct pick up. Well done.

Comment

Hi!

That's really a great grouping with all documents. Thats the important think. In such cases its absolutely unimportant how common an EK is.

The 26 pieces are very common but they looks great and the worn pieces are IMO rarer than the mint ones.

Gongratulation for this grouping.

Regards
                      Andreas

Comment

Okay, here is the moment I've been waiting for. The documents arrived today. The medals belonged to Unteroffizier Alois Job of Jagdgeschwader 1 and 11. He had eight kills and is a failry well-known pilot. The E.K. II is signed by Generalleutnant Walter Schwabedissen, the commander of the 2. Jagddivision.

Barry
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Stormfighter; 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Photo 2

The Flight Clasp for Fighters in Bronze document is signed by wing commander Oberstleutnant Erich Mix.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Stormfighter; 10-22-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Photo 3

The Flight Clasp for Fighters in Silver document is signed by wing commander Major Guenter Specht.<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Stormfighter; 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Photo 4

The E.K. I document is signed by Josepf "Beppo" Schmid.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X