EK 1 spange L11......opinions wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 spange L11......opinions wanted.

I have a friend who sent these photos for me to get my opinion on this spange. I gave him my thoughts, but told him that, since I have been inactive in the collecting field so long, I suggested he might want to seek opinions on the forum. I did not take the photos, and these are all he sent. I understand he has not yet purchased the spange, but has it for review. I do not know what the asking price for it is, nor do I have any interest in purchasing it.....he asked me to post it for him, since he doesn't post to the forum, and that is the extent of my involvement with the deal. I do not know the seller either.

Thank you for any comments for him.

Ron

imo floch copy...

regards,
    ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
      imo floch copy...

regards,
      ben
      Thanks Ben............I didn't want to say anything to influence opinions; however, what I told him was that from the pictures I had concerns that it was a repro......possibly of the type called a Floch repro, but, since I had not been active in the collecting of stuff for well over 20 years and was not aware of repros coming out during those years, he might want to put it up here for other comments.

Thanks,
      Ron

Comment

I agree, a repro
        regards
        jon

Comment

ek 1 spange

Hi Ron:
          I've got one identical except for the maker mark L/21. Purchased in 1989. Definately a repro.
          sorry

Comment

Hi Ron,
            Sorry, this is not what I would expect to see with the L/11 MM. The hard ware on the back and the MM are just not right. Please do a search.

Dennis

Comment

I have one just like it and it's absolutely bad.
              George

Comment

I appreciate the comments that I am seeking for my friend, and some of the expressions of concern and etc.; however you need not be sorry for me because, as they say in my "neck of the woods"........."I have no dog in this hunt". It is not my badge, I don't want it, I don't have it, and I am not even remotely considering acquiring it. I am just the conduit for the acquiring of opinions for my friend, and I thank you for providing the opinions which will likely keep him from making a bad purchase. In other words......I really am doing this for a friend, and it is not a cover statement to protect myself from a bad purchase. Actually, I haven't purchased any of this stuff in well over 20 years, and at present have no intention of ever getting back into the hunt. I don't have the time, or the inclination to do so, but from time to time people still seek out my advice....and I try to tell them what I can, although a lot of my information is over 20 years ago at least. When I saw the spange, I said I thought the supposed wear pattern on the badge looked contrived and artificially done even without knowledge of the repros produced after I became inactive. The wear is, in my opinion, totally illogical and unrealistic even with the slightly blurry photos..........it would in no way appear to be what I would expect with natural wear.

Thanks for the comments, and more are welcomed.
                Ron

Comment

Ron,

Here is an unmarked L/11 Deumer...

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

the reverse...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X