Dipping ring S&L Knight's Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
    Leroy, sometimes the 'new blood' brings new ideas!!! Yes, of course that's a method to show finish, working and metal taken away...

As my recent photos show a lack of quality and sharpness (new floors and master bath...equate to total confusion!) because of the disarray at home, I did however, have a look at your proposal...

Sometimes it is in plain sight and we can't, don't or won't see....in this case it's simply obvious!

Yes, there's a tremendous difference in the thickness of the ring base in the Crosses I looked at!

Let's hear from others!
    Hello

On my two 57 'non dipping' RKs, (see photos in my earlier post), there is no discernable overlapping of the bottom of the eye and the rim. Then again, assuming that the eyes were originally dipping into the frame, depending on the amount of finishing applied - that is, the amount of eye removed from it's base - it wouldn't necessarily overlap the frame.

I haven't time tonight, but tomorrow I'll measure the thickness of the two eyes and the rims. With the rims I'll take measurements at different points and compare to the rim thickness just under each eye.

Regards
    David

Comment

Here's an interesting Cross that fits nicely in this thread....the frame is like the rest but the core is different!

The die seem to have out-lived the core
      Attached Files
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
      X