Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st class EK unmarked, opinions please

Hello,

I've bought this EK 1st class at the military show in Ursel (Belgium). I bought it for 50€. The EK has no maker markings on it. It looks original, and used.

But I appriciate your opinions.
    Thanks for looking

Jim

front

Comment

Comment

Comment

another one

Comment

Although it looks pretty convincing, I don't like the pin and catch on this cross.

It also appears the the length of the arms is not the same, but that might be the pick.

I think you have bought yourself a copy.

Is it a 3-piece construction?
            From the side it looks pretty thick, and no visible seam....

Best regards,
            Ben

Comment

The EK is absolutely an 3-piece construction, with an iron centre

Comment

I think it's a copy, too.
                The complete backside is very suspect (hinge and pin).

Regards

Grueni
                Regards
                Daniel

Search:
                !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
                Otto Schickle
                All early 57er pieces

Comment

I think it's a fake based on the hinge and pin. Also, can you go to a military show in Europe and get a genuine EK1 for 50 Euro when most are going for at least 150 Euro bare minimum?

Comment

I'd have to agree, if it wasn't for the pin assembly we'd be scratching out heads for a maker. The frame on the right has been excessively filed. I wonder, is it 3-piece construction, and magnetic?

Robert

Comment

Why is a magnetic core used as proof a cross is real? Did magnetic material disappear after the war? Not to mention when a cross with a non magnetic core is offred for sale it goes for more becuase it's a hard to find variant. So if a cross fails this specific test for authenticity, we pay more for it. Hmmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                        Why is a magnetic core used as proof a cross is real? Did magnetic material disappear after the war? Not to mention when a cross with a non magnetic core is offred for sale it goes for more becuase it's a hard to find variant. So if a cross fails this specific test for authenticity, we pay more for it. Hmmmm?
                        Steve,

Only curious how far the fakers went to try and duplicate the real. I don't like the cross either, and wouldn't want anyone to entertain the idea that it is.

Robert

Comment

Agreed about the pin and catch on this cross.

Comment

The man who sell this EK's is a big german handler, he garantees the originality of the crosses. He had a big party, he brought about 50 pieces at the show, they where all sold out. In his box he had marked an unmarked examples, but most of them were heavily rusted and in a bad condition. This was one in a nicer condition. There where different models of the hinge and pin's. There all 3-piece construction, and magnetic in the centre.

He is the one who is selling the big party of capeagles, black wounded badges, ss eagles (totaly sold out), danzigers skulls (ground dig one's and nice one's), LW tropical cap eagles, LW cap eagles, and more. He had some stuff in the original boxes, dated. He has pictures of the found in an old factory.
                            He asked € 50,- because he had hunderds of EK's, also ww1. But if it is for sure an replica, I will see him soon, maybe in Oostende, otherwise at the show in Ciney.

Thanks for your replies

Comment

i don´t like the pin too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X