EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'66' marked EK2 opinions and pics please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to weigh this one and check the rims.

20 years ago the infamous "333" EKs were also 'reissued" (or preissued rather) in the UK with "666" numbers that were later changed to "66". The "66s" I have seen have been filed or fiddled with, but I would compare that EK with the known fakes very carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
      You need to weigh this one and check the rims.

20 years ago the infamous "333" EKs were also 'reissued" (or preissued rather) in the UK with "666" numbers that were later changed to "66". The "66s" I have seen have been filed or fiddled with, but I would compare that EK with the known fakes very carefully.

Hi Mc Cullogh

I like this one due to source and the swaz does not have the inner slopes as on those fakes. Also a tad bit of spider webbing on theback. Iam into this one.
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
        Hi Mc Cullogh

I like this one due to source and the swaz does not have the inner slopes as on those fakes. Also a tad bit of spider webbing on theback. Iam into this one.
        It also doesn't show any other features commonly seen on the '333' fakes so I'm with Dion on this and would call it an original example of a '66'.

Comment

Looks good Adrian , and a nice example too .
          I happen to get one years ago only because it was sold as a 100 . The maker mark on the joint was not centered very good and misread , but turned out actually to be a 66. !

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

Front
            Attached Files

Comment

Thats a good cross Douglas, easy to see why the mis-stamped mark could be mistaken for a '100' but unquestionably a '66'.

Comment

Striking the weld is not easy to begin with . The only thing that comes to mind is to help with such a deep strike that the weld was still hot and soft . As can be seen here - the protruding sharp bottom edge weld lump on the ring was hammered over the maker number !
                The bead count on the upper arm immediatly ruled out it being a W&L 100 . I did not know for sure what it was until it arrived and I had a look at it myself !

Douglas

Comment

those 666 or 999s always have a ski slope type edge in the inner swaz,,nasty little suckers they are.
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

LOVE THAT FAT BEADING!

Comment

Here's another '66', but this one is unusual in that it is marked twice (on each side of the ring)...
                      and yes, both stamps are on the same join area.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is unusual, I haven't seen a double marked '66' before and good to see both marks on the join of the ring too. Very nice.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X