L/12 on ring ek2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/12 on ring ek2

hello i need help to have this piece discussed.Though i have checked the forum using search and comparing to existing L/12 ek2,this one is somehow different in marking,frame etc
    Anyone any comments about this cross?

regards
    sim
    Attached Files

..;

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I really be thankful of anyone can shed a light on this

Comment

The cross appears original from here. Better photos is needed though to be sure. I do not know about that marking on the ring. Why are so many crosses marked L/12? Purchased Juncker iron crosses from several other producers during the war, or are we looking at an attempt to inflate the value of these crosses?

Peter

Comment

Thanks peter, as i can see that e frames aint juncker.

Comment

I think the cross is original, but it's no Juncker.
              Original Juncker EK II have the maker's mark in the frame (beside the loop ring).

Regards

Grueni
              Regards
              Daniel

Search:
              !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
              Otto Schickle
              All early 57er pieces

Comment

Hello,

To me the cross looks like an orginial K&Q with L/12 stamped on the ring.

Regards,
                Stephen

Comment

it does look like a 65'. in fact similar

Comment

Hi!

I think it's an original L/12. juncker sold pieces from other makers with L/12 marking.

Particularly crosses of Klein&Quenzer with marking of Juncker are well-known.

I think Juncker had a high a position with special rights in the LDO from which we much do not know because of the fire in the company headquarters of Juncker after a bombardment in that nearly all documents burned in the late wartime.

This theory with the special position in the LDO bases only on indications and thoughts of me. Unfortunately here are no proofs which supports this theory.

Regards
                    Andreas

Comment

Hello,

One of the nicest EK_2' I have ever seen!

William Kramer
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper View Post
                        This theory with the special position in the LDO bases only on indications and thoughts of me. Unfortunately here are no proofs which supports this theory.

Regards
                        Andreas
                        It is NOT a theory, it is a known fact that Juncker had a considerable influence in LDO due to the fact that Juncker's general manager was also a deputy in LDO and as such was in position to "promote" CEJ .

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner View Post
                          It is NOT a theory, it is a known fact that Juncker had a considerable influence in LDO due to the fact that Juncker's general manager was also a deputy in LDO and as such was in position to "promote" CEJ .
                          Hi!

Thank you for this information.

Regards
                          Andreas

Comment

Generally speaking, I can imagine that many awards are being marked L/12 by frauds today. It´s an attractive maker. I can´t see why Juncker should mark crosses with their code, if the crosses were produced by another company. I may be wrong, but it sounds strange to me.

Comment

Here is another EKII, with a ring stamp '2'...

I can't say for certain that this ring stamp is original. I do like the cross. It has the 'hump' typical to Juncker EKII's and the cross-hatched inner beading adjacent the swastika.

Personally, I shy away from ring-stamped L/12's or '2's for the simple reason there are so many on the market that have been stamped postwar to increase the value of the cross. I prefer the earlier unmarked Juncker originals, both EKI & II.

If you like the cross, buy it. If you want to lean on a theory that Juncker stamped other crosses with what is supposed to be their stamp, it's still a gamble as to whether yours was actually stamped by them or stamped by a postwar faker. If I was to buy a marked Juncker EKII, I would prefer seeing the stamp on the frame like Grueni said.

Here's a question: Was the frame of an EKII stamped before the cross was soldered and polished, or after? Some may know what I'm getting at here.

Robert
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X